View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 PM
drivethruecp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Trailer Hitch?

If you had a trailer dolly you could store it upright (i.e. the tongue up against a outside or inside wall). I still say $60 is steep for a day trip! I say you look on craigslist or other used market. A dolly would be much more compact. Although my qualm with those are if our Crossfires read the millage from the rear, we are racking up "body miles" not engine, but still would register on the odometer.

I am also discouraged with putting the double receiver on the underside of my car. Didn't realize at first when I was all amped about it I'd have to drill into my trunk... I'd rather do something that was an external weld and non-obtrusive/invasive to the rust/body integrity! I haven't gotten the chance to really examine the undercarriage. Only going by what others have already completed.

Anyone find a non-invasive method for attaching dual receivers to our undercarriage? Man--I am really about to buy another pick-up truck (used to have one), but frankly I don't want to pay the insurance which is really the killer. Gas aside.

Last edited by drivethruecp; 08-10-2009 at 04:15 PM.