Old 08-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Borhmian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who is really interested in a performance clutch?

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Have you located any pricing on OEM replacement (for comparison purposes)?? Also, how many miles do you have, how hard do you drive, etc. I am sure many people would want to know.

Thanks for the info.
For parts (the parts the service rep said I needed was the clutch plate, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing, and flywheel [I might also end up replacing the pressure plate, just to be safe.. any ideas there?]) and labor, guy told me $3000. I called him back and said I'll get the parts myself, what's labor? $730. Ouch.. I know they def are overcharging me, but I'll deal with that later.

As for car info, I have right around 40K on her, and I drive her spirited, but not overly aggressive. I have gotten her up to 153 - 155ish (I wanted to see how fast she could go.. Lol..) once, but that was months ago, and didn't have any problems. This is my first manual (hell of a car to learn on, let me tell ya!) so that probably has a bit to do with it.

I contacted TVT earlier today, however, got their answering machine (probably busy, wouldn't surprise me). I'm going to call them back in about an hour or so, maybe a few more (can't wait too late, I'm on PST right now) and see what they recommend.