View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 10:03 AM
slide93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question non OEM winter/ASPs

I picked up a used crossfire in October (turned in off executive lease - I work at DCX headquarters). It had 11,000 miles on it but for 22K I had to grab it. I love the car and even in the burbs of Detroit I'm constantly getting stares and comments on the vehicle. I love cruising through Birmingham and seeing peeps in Porches, Audis and BMWs doing a double take ;-) I usually keep it garaged but sometimes I just have to drive it even if there's a little white stuff on the ground, which segways nicely to my post.

Has anyone bought non-OEM winter or ASP tires and put them on the stock rims (18" front 19" rear)? I've seen the reviews on the Conti's but if I'm going to spend $$$ I'd rather go with another brand (i.e. Dunlop Winter Sport M3s, which are offered in the same size as the stock Xfire rims). I would have ordered the Contis had I ordered the car. I can't believe they would bring an Xfire into this state without the ASPs...go figure. The Michelin Pilots are amazing on the dry stuff but I can't even get the Xfire out of my driveway if there's more than 2" of snow on the ground.