View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
paigemartin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: roadster rear window stick-up

Hi everyone!
I had the same thing happen to me. I have an 05 Crossfire with 140K miles. On 5/19/09, my rear window collapsed inside my car. Only the bottom part of the window was still attached to the top which was good because I was able to keep the window propped back into place with a dog bed.
The next day I had the window fixed temporarily by an upholstery guy. He used the 3m weatherstrip adhesive. It was supposed to last until I could afford a new top but a few days later, the glue began to crack. I touched it up myself with the 3m probably every couple of weeks.
Meanwhile, I ordered a new top at the end of May from Pena Brothers here in San Antonio. The price was $2,225 with labor (outrageous but still cheaper than dealership). Pena Brothers ordered the top through Chrysler and I was put on the waiting list. The top was supposed to arrive on 8/21 but it didnt come in. The new date I was given was late October.
I had heard about GAHH Automotive and that they were making tops for the Crossfire. Pena Brothers had told me they only work with factory tops but they were willing to try this company out since I had been waiting so long.
The only problem was that my original top had to be sent in to GAHH in California because they use the old top for its parts. So I dropped my car off for 2 weeks while they sent off my old top and waited for the top to be sent back and install. Total cost was $2,123 ($1,571 for the top, $425 labor). Also, the top has a 2 year warranty. The new top from GAHH looks amazing and the window is VERY secure! I highly recommend this option.

Sorry the post is a little long but I wanted to give all the details.
Please see the pictures of new top in my gallery.

Paige