View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:27 PM
jonrjen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fit or finished, Owner not the car

I have loved the look of these wonderful little cars since they came out dressed up as a Chrysler product. The standard features that it offers at a far better price than a Benz, yet unrespected by many in the automobile community. I feel it was and always has been a well overlooked bargain to enjoy.
I have located a new 08 Conv, with the automatic. Of course I figure the benifit of buying new would be the lifetime powertrain warranty that comes with the car.
I understand that the car has a few maintance issues, the most complained about seem to be the cost of oil changes as well as the cost of replacing tires which seem to need being done at about 25,000 mile. Another drawback is the no spare tire, rather a patch kit and a can of air. Not bad in a perfect situation, but a real pain in the event of a blow out or a shredded tire.
Anyway sorry for getting long winded. Let me get back to the point at hand. I have only stopped and sat in a Crossfire one time. At that time it felt, shall I say cramped, snug, small, tight well you get the idea. However I did not take the time to try adjusting the seat angle and position in search for a comfortable sitting stance. I am 6' and 250 pounds, what are the chances that I could find a comfortable postion for enjoying both short as well as long drives in a Crossfire.
The car I have located is 1,200 miles away, so I would hate to buy it and be uncomfortable all the way home. I remember my first Ebay car purchase, flew to Tulsa, OK and drive home in a brand spanking new Plymouth Prowler, with my head rubbing the conv top metal bow all the way home for 5 hours. All in all, it was still fun!!
I have located a used Crossfire at a nearby dealer and I plan to go try it on for fit, but in the long run, over an extended period of time, am I just kidding myself. The car would be only used for fun, as a toy. But I do want the driving experiance to be fun, not uncomfortable.
So how about some honest feedback, please.