View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 12:17 PM
user 8202
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need TPMS sensors? Good Luck!

Just wanted to share with everyone the ordeal I am going through to obtain 4 new TPMS sensors for a winter wheel set. Yes I am putting winter wheels on the Crossfire, however you will be happy to know that I intend on parking the Crossfire in the garage all winter. However if needed, I'm prepared!
Having said that, I got the rims (four 18", two from Beaner) and got the Bridgestone Blizzaks at the blowout price of $178/ea from TireRack.com. That just left the sensors which were ordered two months ago. Word from my local Chrysler dealership, and confirmed at another Chrysler dealership, is that approximately 177 of these sensors are backordered across North America and the computer is saying that no vendor is producing them at this time!!!!!!
This is not good news.
I Googled the OEM part number #5142340AA and found a company in Texas that has eight aftermarket (but compatible) sensors in stock. They now have four as I ordered four immediately. I phoned them before ordering to confirm they were the proper part. The price is half of what Chrysler is charging here in Canada and with taxes, duty and brokerage added in, I still came out ahead. If interested, the link is:
Schrader TPMS Replacement Valve (SB-20066): All Tire Supply Company
It's this kind of thing that has me worried when owning an "orphaned" car. But as usual, the internet always comes through.........
I'll post back when the wheels are installed next month, letting you know if their were any issues with the aftermarket sensors....

Tony