View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Battery Replacement

Well, Deb Walker and her preaching about how "batteries go bad with no warning" (which I know already - my company Dodge Durango left me stranded with no warning due to a battery) has been bugging me.

THEN Stargazer told me their car quit yesterday or the day before at a gas station - a battery got em going.... so:

Just dumped $96 for a new battery. Yea, I had the original Varta from July of 2004! Not a bit of trouble out of it, but I just didn't wanna go to the Dragon and get stranded in the middle of the fun with a problem EVERYONE has warned me about. (If anyone cares, I can get the model number - but O'Reilly's just looked it up in the computer, he told me the CCA and size rating - which matched what Onehunderd80 had said - so I just went with his cheapy battery.

Got an $88 "EverStart" at O'Reilly Auto Parts. They had another one (can't remember the name) for $140 but the guy said the only difference was the size. This "Everstart" is a bit shorter - had to employ the "heater hose" trick to get the clamp to hold it in place.

I noticed that the clock in the tach went stupid - had to set it. And the clock in the Infinity Nav/Radio display won't come up - but the damn thing remembered all my radio station presets!

Gotta get the book out and see what it'll take to get the Nav/Radio clock to display again. No big deal.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 10-29-2009 at 07:04 PM.