Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 AM
bmorgan
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Any new silver faceplate head units available?

Not sure what your needs are, but if you want a unit that is compatable with an iPod, here is an option you may want to consider IDA-X100M. This is a marine unit, but will work perfectly in the Crossfire. It is much like the IDA-X305 which is a car unit, but black. I do not remember now who they are, but there are several people on this forum that have installed the IDA-X100M and love it. I believe Patpur has this model.

I have read that the trim ring on this unit is like a metallic white. It is supposed to blend in well with the dash. If you want a closer match, you can paint the trim ring with duplicolor charcoal gray. The body of the HU is supposed to be an exact match to the Crossfire trim color.

The cheapest price I can find on it right now is on eBay at Alpine IDA-X100M Marine Digital Media Receiver NEW - eBay (item 220521804933 end time Feb-03-10 01:23:19 PST) for $243.75. Dang.... now I am wanting to buy it. Ok, stop Bob..... think performance mods. LOL

Search on IDA-X100M, and you will find 6 threads that talk about this unit. I hope this helps.

I personally have the Alpine IVA-505 in my 05 Odyssey, and love it. When I replace the HU in the crossfire, I will most definitely be looking for an Alpine. Here is my HU:

Last edited by bmorgan; 01-31-2010 at 03:08 AM.