Old 02-02-2010, 09:19 PM
velociabstract
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Looking to reduce push and gain neg camber

I'll be bold and tell you to get adjustable KYB's or Koni's first. You can get a lot of the understeer out with them. It will take some trial and error and perhaps changing your driving style but they really help. The negative camber in the front will help your front tires last a bit longer. Mine died at 2000 miles. (ouch) You really don't need to do anything to the back. The negative camber in the rear will help a little in the corners but also makes it harder to get on the gas early so unless you can get -3 or more front camber, rear camber won't do what you hope it will. I had the car real happy and balanced with the front camber bolts, shocks and alignment. (stock rear settings) Then I got R compound tires which changed the car a lot. They don't communicate when they're reaching the limit, scary. Then I lowered the car and it was garbage, total crap. Slower than stock. I was cussing the Eibach's like you have no idea. Then I got the rear strut bar and played with the shock settings and tire pressures and now the car is real fast in the twisty stuff. I mean .... scary fast. Faster than I dare. So now I'm looking for more power. If you already have A6's its going to be harder to know what changes are doing, positive or negative. I'll mention that I have more grip than brakes at the moment which I like. I use the Porterfield R4S pads with stainless lines and racing fluid. The pads don't feel good on the street but work to my satisfaction on the track. For tires I use Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. I brake real late but because we have more tire on the rear than the front, I find it's imperative to be done slowing before turn in. My car likes to be on the gas in the corner. Touch the brakes in the corner and the front will slide. Now that your totally confused, shocks, front camber, alignment for the track, and experiment with the shock settings. I may be full of it because I'm relatively new at this stuff, but these are my observations from the last year and a half racing the SRT-6. (Solo 1 and every single local track day) My wife made sure I made one change at a time which was frustrating but educational.

Les