Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Thirteendog
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Jane is Racing At Putnam Park April 3, 2010

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Just thought I would let those of you interested know that I'll be at Putnam Park on Saturday, April 3rd. Bring your helmet if you plan to ride.

I'll be towing my car there, so that will be another new experience for me. I did tow it to Nashville and that went pretty well except when we scratched the car getting it on the trailer. After that, I bought a new Featherlite 17 foot car hauler, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I also bought Race Ramps to help me get the car on the hauler since my Crossfire is so low to the ground. And, I'll be using Macs Tie Down system. So, I'm getting my act together for this new year of racing.

The Crossfire did well at Nashville, until I felt the Left back bearings going bad. I just had the right changed, so took the car in to get the left side changed. My Crossfire mechanic was going to look at the fronts as well. I have that deluxe extended warranty which has really come in handy as I've not paid a dime for the bearings, except $100.00 deductible. I just bought another extended warranty for my daily driver. Must have for a car that's not in production any more.

I'm still training for Chump Car racing. Just bought a Ford Focus 5 speed and am finally learning how to drive a stick. Only had it three days; each day is a new experience and challenge. I do a lot of laughing at myself when I screw up. So, I now have 5 vehicles in my driveway. My insurance guy just laughs when I call, cause he can smell the money. Our Chump Car teams meets regularly. We practice getting in and out of the car/cage and driving the 1986 Nissan 300 ZX. Next we are suppose to practice changing a tire; I'll probably try to weasel my way out of that, although I know how to change a tire. I just don't like getting my hands dirty. LOL.

I'll blog more as I continue my racing journey this year.

Jane
Can we get video of you guys changing a tire? I'm sure you'll laugh along with us