View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
soloIIracer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any autocross tips?

Originally Posted by Wedge
Front 285/30/18 with 5mm spacers (also legal up to 1/4" which I think is about 10mm), but you might need to shave a bolt on the upper inside of each front wheel well for the rubber to clear. Youll find it quick when it leaves a groove on the inside shoulder of the tire
If you go with a spacer wider than 5mm, you may not need to shave the bolt.
1/4 inch is like 6.38mm, so 10mm is not legal in stock class. With a 1/4 inch spacer up front on stock wheels you can run the 285/30/18 with no rubbing but the upper a-arm bolt WILL rub if you only use a 5mm or less spacer.

You can fit up to a 315 on the back of the car without rubbing but there is no point unless you have a ton of mods on your car because my 05 coupe had no issues at all putting power down on the 295 and anything larger would just make the car understeer more.

When looking for tires on the TR website don't search through the car go to tires and search by brand. The car is decently fun to autocross and plenty competitive in DS.

There are a few threads in this forum where I did full write ups on setup for autocrossing the car in stock. So you could probably find them by searching.