View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
LDNrevs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my new Xfire today!

I've now picked up my Xfire... As I already said in the U.K forum pre-handover of my car, ; it's a very clean example - late '04; it's been garaged it's whole life and has only 28,000 miles... there's not a mark on it anywhere; in or out (except two weird little paintwork issues where the boot closes and there's two black adjustable arms that must act as stoppers meeting the main body :/ Other than that, feels brand new!

It's light silver and has no mods; so far the Infinity sound system has been suprisingly good. As I also said in the UK thread, while choosing it, I test drove Audi TT's both the 225 and the 3.2V6 with DSG. I also drove a Boxster - all were similar prices. I've driven lot's of jap exotica in the past also and I feel I've got a great all-rounder here. The TT did not feel special as there's so many of them in the UK and handling was average (but felt like it was trying) - the Boxster was sublime if I'm honest but it was a high miler; wasn't keen on the servicing that might ensue. The Xfire is more rare than either...

One thing is that it has floor mats with Chrysler logos on embroidered on; would they have been extra when new? And a retractable hatch cover which I didn't see on all of them?

Anyway, overall; I'm very happy to have finally got one as I've loved the look ever since the concept drawings came out; in fact my PC desktop has been THIS for quite some time now

Last edited by LDNrevs; 04-22-2010 at 05:59 PM.