Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Picked up my new Xfire today!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my new Xfire today!

I've now picked up my Xfire... As I already said in the U.K forum pre-handover of my car, ; it's a very clean example - late '04; it's been garaged it's whole life and has only 28,000 miles... there's not a mark on it anywhere; in or out (except two weird little paintwork issues where the boot closes and there's two black adjustable arms that must act as stoppers meeting the main body :/ Other than that, feels brand new!

It's light silver and has no mods; so far the Infinity sound system has been suprisingly good. As I also said in the UK thread, while choosing it, I test drove Audi TT's both the 225 and the 3.2V6 with DSG. I also drove a Boxster - all were similar prices. I've driven lot's of jap exotica in the past also and I feel I've got a great all-rounder here. The TT did not feel special as there's so many of them in the UK and handling was average (but felt like it was trying) - the Boxster was sublime if I'm honest but it was a high miler; wasn't keen on the servicing that might ensue. The Xfire is more rare than either...

One thing is that it has floor mats with Chrysler logos on embroidered on; would they have been extra when new? And a retractable hatch cover which I didn't see on all of them?

Anyway, overall; I'm very happy to have finally got one as I've loved the look ever since the concept drawings came out; in fact my PC desktop has been THIS for quite some time now

Last edited by LDNrevs; 04-22-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Default Re: Picked up my new Xfire today!

Welcome. The retractable trunk cover is fairly rare. You would find more cars with the cup holder intact that you would ones with the trunk cover. It could be ordered from the dealer for awhile but has been gone for a long time now. The last one that sold on ebay brought a big premium price. The original mats didn't have the Chrysler logo but the replacement mats did. The replacement mats are better than original.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! Sounds like a great car.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle_Al
Welcome. The retractable trunk cover is fairly rare. You would find more cars with the cup holder intact that you would ones with the trunk cover
You're not wrong, my Xfire has the trough but every Xfire I saw with the cup holder; not one of them worked. I'm assuming people just swap them out when they break

Old 04-15-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by LDNrevs
: I'm assuming people just swap them out when they break
Mine was still working when one day it popped up and clunked me in the elbow for about the 3,857th time. In one clean, smooth motion I yanked it out by the roots and threw it out the window. Some springs and assorted bits and bobs boinged around inside the car for a few seconds but I felt much better. This was before there were bins. The empty hole is not un-attactive but I was glad when the bins came out.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine was still working when one day it popped up and clunked me in the elbow for about the 3,857th time. In one clean, smooth motion I yanked it out by the roots and threw it out the window. Some springs and assorted bits and bobs boinged around inside the car for a few seconds but I felt much better. This was before there were bins. The empty hole is not un-attactive but I was glad when the bins came out.
Now this was funny!

Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM

I agree with you on the sound system. I think the Infinity system is pretty good, and I consider myself an audiophile. I don't know why so many people on here complain about it...

Old 04-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE ENJOY

Old 04-15-2010, 07:30 PM

WOW! hehe. I must say though; I do miss a cup holder I've been looking at options seeing what people here have done; some interesting options.

First small road trip this weekend, to see family; wish I had some American sun to go with the American brand but alas, it may well rain.. British weather! Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Forum Regular

I love how the cupholder drama never ends on here..I thought mine was a goner today. apparently mine needs an exorcism because it will randomly pop up, totally unprovoked.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy the drive!