Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 AM
Isshin-Ryu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: I'll be picking up my 2005 Crossfire next week on Thursday!

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Looks good. I might make one suggestion..... Since they are going to put new pads and rotors on it, see if they will put ceramic pads on instead of the OEM ones. The OEM pads are really bad for brake dust. Especially on the front wheels. If they do not want to do that, I would recommend that you go ahead and buy the ceramic pads yourself and take to them to put on with the new rotors. You will be much happier in the long run. The 2 most popular brands of ceramic pads for this car are Akebono and Rotex Gold. Both are great choices. I went with Akebono's and have not seen a speck of break dust since. With the OEM pads, the front wheels would be nasty after a day of driving.

Goodluck, and welcome to the forum.
That is a real good suggestion. I had that problem big time with my Sebring. The front alloys were always black. The dealership would not change to other pads, so I went to my local Midas (I know the guys there well) and had them do the brakes. No more dust now.

Unfortunately, I live in an apartment now, so I can't really work on my cars anymore.