Thread: Introduction...
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
AlabasterGT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction...

I've been lurking around for a while and thought I'd finally join the discussion and introduce my Crossfire.

I had admired Crossfires for sometime, but was scared away by the thought of only having two seats. I had a 2002 Acura TL Type-S previously, and it was time for a new car. I loved my TL-S and in it's defense, it was virtually problem free. Excellent highway gas mileage, it easily averaged 32-33mpg. The downfall was in town was the 3.2L and 3,600lbs. that weighted it down. It drank alot in town. Still, I loved that car, awesome Honda engine. It was a screamer and loved to rev. Well that car is gone and I moved on...

I test drove so many vehicles its insane. I was all over the place on what I wanted. I was shopping 07+ Mitsubishi Outlander, 06+ Eclipse GT, Maxima, G35c, and alot more. There I was reading the paper when I found a 2005 black base Crossfire convertible 6-spd. 66,000 miles, $12,999. I had no intentions of buying the car. I merely wanted to see what the drive was like. I went to the dealership and sat in it, started it, everything. I wasn't crazy about cloth seats. It felt too baseish for such a beautiful car. I was rolling down the window when I saw............................................... .... an Alabaster White coupe.

I had never seen a white one on the street, and immediately jumped out of the black one. The white looked so classy. I hopped in it and liked it much more. It had everything it was supposed too, leather, heated seats, nav, you know, the Limited stuff. Unlike the black one, this one was automatic. Needless to say, I never drove the black one. I took the white one for a spin and was less than impressed. It felt strangely sluggish. Once I got back to the dealership I noticed the rocker switch by the shifter was set on "W." After a little reading in the manual, I switched it to "S" and was off again. It was much better, no more sluggishness. The spoiler tripped me out and the people behind me. I loved everything about it, but left that day without it.

The make the long story short, I returned a week later to pick it up. After a week of negotiating, I snatched it up. It was an elderly couple's, and the husband hurt his knee and could no longer get in/out of it. They had traded it in that morning for a new Cadillac DTS. The salesman said when they left the car the wife practically kissed it goodbye. It was a garage queen, and the man actually called to ask if we could get his garage opener out from under the seat. It still has the OEM Pilot Sports on it.

It is a 2006 with only 13,000 miles and I couldn't be happier. I love the engine sound and the transmission shifts much quicker than my Acura. I'm loving the car and have no regrets about getting a two seater. I'll spare the details, as you guys already know all the good things about them.

I will say, I agree this car gets a weird emotional reaction from people. I have had some strange encounters. People compliment it daily, and I've even had some people follow me on the highway even after I speed up.

I have alot of questions about this car, and I'm just going to ask them in here in the next few days to see if I can get some answers.