Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Introduction...

Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction...

I've been lurking around for a while and thought I'd finally join the discussion and introduce my Crossfire.

I had admired Crossfires for sometime, but was scared away by the thought of only having two seats. I had a 2002 Acura TL Type-S previously, and it was time for a new car. I loved my TL-S and in it's defense, it was virtually problem free. Excellent highway gas mileage, it easily averaged 32-33mpg. The downfall was in town was the 3.2L and 3,600lbs. that weighted it down. It drank alot in town. Still, I loved that car, awesome Honda engine. It was a screamer and loved to rev. Well that car is gone and I moved on...

I test drove so many vehicles its insane. I was all over the place on what I wanted. I was shopping 07+ Mitsubishi Outlander, 06+ Eclipse GT, Maxima, G35c, and alot more. There I was reading the paper when I found a 2005 black base Crossfire convertible 6-spd. 66,000 miles, $12,999. I had no intentions of buying the car. I merely wanted to see what the drive was like. I went to the dealership and sat in it, started it, everything. I wasn't crazy about cloth seats. It felt too baseish for such a beautiful car. I was rolling down the window when I saw............................................... .... an Alabaster White coupe.

I had never seen a white one on the street, and immediately jumped out of the black one. The white looked so classy. I hopped in it and liked it much more. It had everything it was supposed too, leather, heated seats, nav, you know, the Limited stuff. Unlike the black one, this one was automatic. Needless to say, I never drove the black one. I took the white one for a spin and was less than impressed. It felt strangely sluggish. Once I got back to the dealership I noticed the rocker switch by the shifter was set on "W." After a little reading in the manual, I switched it to "S" and was off again. It was much better, no more sluggishness. The spoiler tripped me out and the people behind me. I loved everything about it, but left that day without it.

The make the long story short, I returned a week later to pick it up. After a week of negotiating, I snatched it up. It was an elderly couple's, and the husband hurt his knee and could no longer get in/out of it. They had traded it in that morning for a new Cadillac DTS. The salesman said when they left the car the wife practically kissed it goodbye. It was a garage queen, and the man actually called to ask if we could get his garage opener out from under the seat. It still has the OEM Pilot Sports on it.

It is a 2006 with only 13,000 miles and I couldn't be happier. I love the engine sound and the transmission shifts much quicker than my Acura. I'm loving the car and have no regrets about getting a two seater. I'll spare the details, as you guys already know all the good things about them.

I will say, I agree this car gets a weird emotional reaction from people. I have had some strange encounters. People compliment it daily, and I've even had some people follow me on the highway even after I speed up.

I have alot of questions about this car, and I'm just going to ask them in here in the next few days to see if I can get some answers.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Introduction...

Welcome aboard and congrats, Sounds like a nice find, I'll think in time you will regret however not choosing the black x-fire with that said i'm sure you'll find trhis forum both helpful and entertaining. Have fun

Old 06-02-2010, 11:00 PM

Don't think so... White is my favorite color, my TL-S was white also. Plus, I hear the white ones are faster than the black ones... I also have a Stone White 07 Pacifica for towing/long trips/utility uses.

A woman that lives not too far from me bought the black one, so I see it often. They do look sharp in black! Very stealth-like.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Congrats, I too just bought a alabaster white crossfire and love everything about it.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Forum Regular

Congrats and welcome.
Great people and info on this forum. Come to St.louis in 2 weeks and meet alot of them.
Please don't test that woman with the Black Cossfire you will be embarassed.
Joejet
2007 Black base coupe
w/6forward speeds

Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the fold. Careful not to strain your facial muscles too much AKA Perma grin.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 AM

I think you may be on to something...I found a black xfire in town here and he seemed surprisingly slow lol.

Congrats!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Introduction...

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum AlabasterGT, I think you made the right color choice.
Since you already have a white 07 Pacifica, then looking out over the Crossfires hood should look pretty familiar to ya.
According to Motor Week TV, the performance of your old Acura is nearly identical to your Crossfire as well, so your new XF should "fit" you like an old pair of shoes....(track shoes that is).
YouTube - MW 2002: Acura 3.2TL Type-s Road Test

Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome and Congrats! Tha Alabaster is a very sharp color for the Crossfire. My wife's Roadster gets a lot more comments than I do in the Coupe, of course, it has nothing to do that my wife is still a lovely lady.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:01 PM

Not sure why you would call Al-A-Baster,
But welcome to the forum.
Great place Full of great people.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:47 PM

Welcome to the forum. The best thing about the white ones is that they can easily be painted black. Just consider it. That's all I'm saying.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used to get compliments every day when I bought the car in 2005. Back then they were even more rare. Over the years it has slowed down. I am sure in the years to come I will start getting more compliments. Less and less people even know the car ever existed.

I was driving on the highway 2 weekends ago next to a really sharp Z-06 Vette. Looked like a real garage queen. The women in the passenger seat kept eye balling the Crossfire. Not sure if that was a compliment because she liked it or if she was thinking my car was ugly.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
The women in the passenger seat kept eye balling the Crossfire. Not sure if that was a compliment because she liked it or if she was thinking my car was ugly.
I had a similar experience at the gas station a few days ago. While I was fueling a newer gray Porsche Boxster pulled in next to me. I said "Hi" to the Dad/driver but he just pumped gas with his nose in the air ignoring me. The teenage son in the passenger seat never took his eyes off my SRT6 until I drove away. Maybe the fact that my SRT-6 can out-accelerate their fancy Porsche had something to do with it.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joejet
Congrats and welcome.
Great people and info on this forum. Come to St.louis in 2 weeks and meet alot of them.
Please don't test that woman with the Black Cossfire you will be embarassed.
Joejet
2007 Black base coupe
w/6forward speeds
He is correct, you will be embarassed. It is very embarrasing to beat the black ones so much!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Welcome to the forum AlabasterGT, I think you made the right color choice.
Since you already have a white 07 Pacifica, then looking out over the Crossfires hood should look pretty familiar to ya.
According to Motor Week TV, the performance of your old Acura is nearly identical to your Crossfire as well, so your new XF should "fit" you like an old pair of shoes....(track shoes that is).
YouTube - MW 2002: Acura 3.2TL Type-s Road Test
Yeah, its a familiar view. Its kind of cool that one of my cars inspired the design of the other.

The Acura, using stats, sounds a little faster than the XF. They have an average of around 6.4 seconds to 60. I've even seen as low as 6.1 stock. I loved the engine in that thing. Such a wonderful piece. Smooth yet very racy. Revs built so easily. It poured out such a nice sound the higher the revs got. It had more horsepower than the XF, with 260 vs. 215, but it also weighed alot more at around 3,600lbs.

Regardless of stats, the XF feels so much faster. I was surprised at how well this thing moves with such modest hp/torque ratings. Definitely feels faster than the Acura. Gas mileage is about the same so far. I'll gladly trade the small sacrifice in acceleration for the handling of the XF. Never driven a car that sticks to the road like this thing! Its insane. Grip is everywhere.

I'm loving my Crossfire.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT
Not sure why you would call Al-A-Baster,
But welcome to the forum.
Great place Full of great people.
? Not sure what you mean?

Last edited by AlabasterGT; 06-04-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Welcome and Congrats! Tha Alabaster is a very sharp color for the Crossfire. My wife's Roadster gets a lot more comments than I do in the Coupe, of course, it has nothing to do that my wife is still a lovely lady.
I do think AW is a little flashier than the Sapphire Silver. But its weird because everytime I picture a XF, I picture it to be a Sapphire. lol

I considered looking for a roadster, but they don't have the roof line that the Crossfire is known for. They just aren't the same without the sexy rear, IMO.

BTW, are the little "slash" decals on the side just a crossfireforum.org thing? Because I saw a white roadster the Wednesday with the little silver "slashes" on the side skirt right in front of the rear tire.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:05 AM

Great selection, mine grabbed me of the street and wouldn't let go. Try to find some one with a Sprint Booster installed, and get the surprise of your life. No added horsepower just a kick in the butt. I just painted mine to be a little different. It's now SNOW WHITE PEARL over the Alabaster.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0999.JPG (482.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_0985.JPG (428.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by FTroopChief; 06-04-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: add picture