Thread: Nitrous N/A
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 03:05 PM
MrSix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nitrous N/A

Whoah! Hold on there. I've used nitrous on lots of cars but I have not yet used it on a Crossfire. Some questions first.

Is this a 'wet kit'? A wet kit has solenoids and jets for nitrous AND fuel. A 'dry' kit is nitrous only. Dry kits ar great and very easy to install, for applications to about 50-60HP Beyond that, I would not trust the engine managment system on any 'stock' car to compensate for the additional fuel needs. I have heard of guys getting away with 150 shot on large displacement V8's, but I'd go nowhere near that on the V6. The wet kit nozzle injects fuel in front of the high pressure nitrous stream and mixes the two very effectively, puddling and wet spots are things anti nitrous guys talked about 10 years ago. new nozzles are very good. I have not dug very far into the Crossfire motor yet but ideally for ease of install, you can hook the fuel supply line up to the Schrader fitting (usually used for fuel pressure diagnostics) and its a perfect, easily reversable source for fuel enrichment.

Did the kit you bought come with a bottle warmer? Nitrous is in the bottle in a liquid form but you need it to gas out of that bottle above 900 PSI. A cold/cool bottle will never get to that PSI. 85 degress F is right around the perfect bottle temp though plenty of guys run them up to 100. Higher the temp, higher the pressure.

Does the kit have a pressure gauge? How about a remote bottle opener? If not you will want to be able to rech the bottle from the drivers seat and if it is in the driver area, it's illegal. Catch 22 on that one, trunk mount with remote is the way to go.

How about you snap a pic of what you have and I'll see what jumps out at me. Hypothetically speaking, you could rent a car and install a kit, go racing and then take it off before you return it. *If* you did rent a Chrysler 300 Hemi and did endless drunken burnouts (in a controlled off highway private property setting like a hotel parking lot ) you will have to buy new 18" tires that might amount to $494.85 for two of them YouTube - SDAC 17 Check right about 2:35 for the late night burnout hyjinx. That was only a 100 shot

Or you could rent a Cadillac Northstar V8 and it will gobble up a 150 wet shot no problem YouTube - SDAC 18, Alan's best burnout in Caddy

Nitrous = good times