Old 06-15-2010, 02:52 PM
dinasrt
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Can anyone help me identify this noise coming from my engine compartment???

Originally Posted by Infinite
I know, im working on that and I apologize for my behavior.

I know what the car was built for and it will serve is purpose beautifully, im jealous too. I've been looking at these motors they are just very very cost prohibitive, at least for a full time college student like myself. I think for high power applications the automatics are the way to go in these cars, I've seen people making tons of power with little more than a solenoid upgrade... but on the same hand, no one has really found where the limit of the manual is. HDDP hasnt posted in awhile so Im not sure how the manual stood up to the amg motor and track abuse. Clearly the aftermarket (what little there is) favors the automatics since every single "performance" mercedes application runs the automatic transmissions. I think MB/Chrysler really screwed the pooch not offering some sort of manual with the SRT's. Thats really the only thing that stopped me from buying one (cheaper than the NA I have now too, lol) Im working on developing parts for the manual tranny with a few local companies, because I'd really like to see people with NA's running down SRT's at the track
According to your signature, you're among the "young and rich" and do "designer drugs". Not rich anymore?