Thread: Uh oh...
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 11:46 AM
shapeshifter309
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Uh oh...

Originally Posted by JimmyJames
Any major tire store will know. Some may think that they JUST want to sell a tire, but most will tell you the truth---try two or three stores. If all three say get a tire, then get a tire. Driving around the neighborhood will not generate the same stress. The difference will be like in NASCAR driving behind the pace car and driving at 180 mph. Drivers NEVER lose a tire behind the pace car---they blow at speed. The heat generated will be different, but the MAJOR difference will be the time at that heat. Good luck and be safe!!!! Just remember that a used tire will be cheaper than any body damage that maybe caused by a blow out. Jimmy
If I even had the option to purchase a used tire for the XF, I would. I checked last night though, and no dice. I couldn't even afford replacements right now, nor could I get the same tires without ordering them from tire rack (so I don't mismatch the treads).

It seems from what I was able to dig up that as long as the plys or cords aren't showing, it may be fine. Like I said, the cut probably wasn't as deep/long as I described.

I'll take it to a few places if the first one or 2 tell me I need a new one though. I would figure a good amount of them around here would try to tell me a new tire without realizing they don't even carry a tire for the XF.

Last edited by shapeshifter309; 07-02-2010 at 11:54 AM.