View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Re: Eurocharged CAA Dyno Results

Originally Posted by HellFire
Are you talking about the car NEVER shifting from 4th to 5th or taking a few seconds to do so? Also, are you talking about it not wanting to shift when in Drive or when autosticking? Either way, if you do not typically drive aggressive, you may not have noticed this, but when you put a lot of torque down, the transmission is actually made to not shift immediately if you are not yet at the best torque curve in some situations, like aggressive driving. Basically, if you were playing with it a bit more than normal, to check out the new tune, you may just now be noticing a performance feature of the car. I actually like it, because I like to drive the twisty roads. Even if you have it in 3rd or forth and give it a lot of throttle, it will still downshift and hold that gear a bit. Most transmissions will up shift much sooner when the gas is let off. This car has a delay, so the car stays in the lower gear when the car senses performance driving. It took me a while to get used to, but as I said, it is good for the twisties, and I like it better. It may just be behaving like it is in performance mode more often now because of the increased torque. This of course, is just my understanding of it and I am no expert! LOL

Spot on Hellfire.
This tranny ain't like the one in Dad's Oldsmobile.

It adapts to your driving. Takes a bit to get used to. And when you mod the engine the tranny reponds.

But, in a good way.

Cathy's SRT surprises me sometimes when it holds the gear after a spirited use of the throttle. I like it.

Work with the car; be the car; use the force.