Old 08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts
Default Re: Low Mileage roadster with odd sale history

Originally Posted by is the fastest
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first Crossfire. I found this one at a CarMax in Houston: 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Limited in Houston, TX- 6802582 at carmax.com Also, is $18k a reasonable price for this car? It is about $1000 higher than NADA retail value, but slightly lower than KBB dealer value.
WARNING CROSSFIRE NEWBIE: At Carmax you will pay more than at any dealership. Sure, there are guarantees you won't get anywhere else (like 5 day buyback and 30 day warranty) but you WILL pay more than anywhere else.

The vehicle history report (viewable for free on the CarMax site) indicates that this 2005 model was first titled in August 2006, then sold at auction in Nov 2007 (with only 8400 miles). Now it has 21k miles.
Does this mean the car sat on a dealer lot for over two years? Should I be worried that this is a lemon?
The car did NOT sit there for two years... gonna go read it myself.

EDIT: REad it again, it did NOT sit for two years, you can see that from the reported odometer readings.

EDIT AGIAN: I paid $17645 for my Limited auto ROadster July 6, 2009 wiht 13351 on it. THeir price is just a bit higher than mine was .... but then, I paid a LOT considering it was at a Chrysler dealership and not CarMax.

If it's the car you want, I'd go for it ... but this is NOT a one owner car, mine was. Looks like a two owner, the second owner stuck with the car for some time - good sign. Not sure why the first one got rid of it so fast, but I like the fact that the second owner kept it for some time!

Last edited by pizzaguy; 08-05-2010 at 04:15 PM.