Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 PM
winstonscifi
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Air Conditioner Seems to be Intermittantly Shut Off

I too, have a similar problem. When my wife and I were heading down to the St. Louis get together, we had the air on all the time. Suddenly, I felt it getting a little warm. I had the blower on 1 and there was no red light to show that the air was on. I turned it to 1 and a half, and the red light came on and the air conditioning was working. I notice that the red light never comes on in the one half position. Also, I had the air on and the blower in the 1 position and everything was fine, then, there was a clicking sound around the glove box and I looked to find the red light going on and off. I switched the blower to the 1 and a half position and everything was fine. I'll be bringing the car in for the 15000 mile checkup in a couple of months so I'll have them check it. They probably won't be able to get the air conditioner to do what I just described, so any help from the forum would be appreciated. Is it the pressure sensor? Or a bad relay? I apologize for the rather long post, but maybe we can all get something out of this. Thanks in advance!