View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 06:31 AM
oceancontainer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sidewall Bubbles - Michelin Refund?

My first experience was extremely negative, dealer wouldn't do anything, Ok what did I expect from Alan Sammuels Dodge Chrysler? So I drove to Discount Tire in town and the salesman this trip apparently didn't want to fiddle with a roadhazard exchange so he printed me out the Michelin credit information and I called Michelin and they told me to take it to National Tire & Battery, there they said it was a roadhazard issue and gave me 40% towards a new PS2, The balance was a whopping $229.50 with NTB's supreme mounting & balancing charge...
Second scenario, I took the rear wheel & tire into Discount Tire for a sidewall bubble and the steel belted radial was showing thru. Mike helped me at Discount and said why don't I get Discount Tires extended roadhazard warranty? $ 120.00 later if a bubble showed up they would replace the front tire for $32.50, the cost of the extended roadhazard warranty for the new tire they were about to install, (that was a no brainer .....)
This past Sunday I noticed another bubble in the right front sidewall and it was the tire N TB replaced. Because I like Discount Tire and they treat me right I took my newest sidewall bubbled tire into them and Mike greeted me at the door and said could he help me ? I told him about my problem and Mike said no problem, he sold me Discount Tire's extended roadhazard warranty about two months earlier and said he thought he had a Michelin PS2 18" tire in stock so pull it into Bay 1 and we'll get started on it..... Discount Tire's extended roadhazard warranty paid off this trip. The cost of the roadhazard warranty for the front tires is $2.50 each and $38.50 each for the rear tires so it was worth spending a little extra and getting Discount Tire's roadhazard warranty. If your tire has a sufficient amount of tread left Michelin will allow 40% credit and you pay the difference....