Old 08-20-2010, 01:21 AM
lizadixon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!! Dead Battery!?

Originally Posted by Ragnarok
I just started having what is apparently the same problem with my '04 Crossfire a few days ago. First, it was just the lights flashing for no apparent reason, which could be stopped with the remote key. Then, on the third day, the security alarm went off with no obvious provocation--also stopped with the remote key. Today at work, alarm went off again and COULD NOT be consoled with the key. Rushed it home (it screaming the whole time--luckily only 3 minutes ride home), then disconnected the battery, which settled things (which I'm now confused about, because I just read that the security alarm has its own power source...?). Then, I yanked #9 fuse to disable alarm altogether (as well as some other inconvenient things, like overhead lights and HORN). Now at least I can get to work without a scene...but is it true that the problem could ACTUALLY be fob batteries?? Did changing them actually work for you?
I really think it is the fob batteries. It has been five months since I put the new batteries in mine and I haven't had any problems since! Definitely give it a try.