Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Old 12-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

What changes the RF signal into an electrical one?
The SKREEM has the RF antenna, it gets the signal, tells the BCM and send a message over the CAN bus to tell the CLPM to blow/suck some air.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by djohn14296
Well, a new never ending story; Dung out my CLPM as stated earlier. Put everything back together, I'm hoping it is right, couldn't remember exactly. Tried to us logic and the form around the unit. So then hooked battery back, went to NAPA, got contact cleaner, dialectic grease and a new tie down for the wires. Got home decide to wait till morning, to tackle the clean and grease. Lock car using fob. a few minutes later(less than 5), quickest ever, the lights blinking. One press of unlock button, the lights stopped blinking, A couple of minutes later, car locks itself and a few more minutes, lights start blinking again. So this time press unlock button twice. lights stop, doors and trunk unlock, but wait a few minutes goes by, car locks itself again and few more minutes car starts blinking again. So I said I'll try what I did last night, I open the drivers door, lock everything and then unlock only the drivers door, all this with the fob. And been a couple of hours now and no blinking lights. So I guess when I had the unit out checking for moisture, I might have loosen something? If any one has any suggestions on my next course of action, I would greatly appreciate it. I found (I think) the two door sensors, but for the life of me, I couldn't find one for the trunk or the hood. So unless some one here in Florida is willing to help me out, next stop is a dealership. I'm willing to travel any where in the state or you welcome to come here. And I'm willing to pay you for your time and help.
Remember that if you unlock the doors and do not open one then the system automatically locks the doors again. It has confused people before.
As it takes some time for the alarm/lights to activate I think that it not due to something that is wrong with a sensor but rather something that causes a break in a circuit due to a bad contact or a short it he circuit as I would call it.
This could be caused by the flasher in the center stack failing for some reason or other. I believe it has caused problems in the past.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-30-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Remember that if you unlock the doors and do not open one then the system automatically locks the doors again. It has confused people before.
As it takes some time for the alarm/lights to activate I think that it not due to something that is wrong with a sensor but rather something that causes a break in a circuit due to a bad contact or a short it he circuit as I would call it.
This could be caused by the flasher in the center stack failing for some reason or other. I believe it has caused problems in the past.
OK, lets see if I can start out the New Year by not sounding to stupid? 180, I tried to reason this out and here is what I came up with: If I can lock the doors and trunk, then unlock the drivers door, open it, close it, walk away and not have the alarm (lights) go off, my reasoning is that the sensor on the drivers door is the problem? And if not, then is it because the alarm system is not set, by having 1 door unlocked? Love/hate thing with this car. I guess if the answer is not set, I'll call Chuk, but I'll wait till after Friday, butt check day at hospital. Happy New Year, 180.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:14 AM

OK, lets see if I can start out the New Year by not sounding to stupid? 180, I tried to reason this out and here is what I came up with: If I can lock the doors and trunk, then unlock the drivers door, open it, close it, walk away and not have the alarm (lights) go off, my reasoning is that the sensor on the drivers door is the problem? And if not, then is it because the alarm system is not set, by having 1 door unlocked? Love/hate thing with this car. I guess if the answer is not set, I'll call Chuk, but I'll wait till after Friday, butt check day at hospital. Happy New Year, 180.
In view of the date on Friday this may help you see things in a brighter light.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:31 AM
Talking Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Originally Posted by onehundred80
In view of the date on Friday this may help you see things in a brighter light.
UTube
Cute and funny. But a little off subject, well maybe not the CLPM is located in the rear.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say 180 is right about the clpm he diagnosed the same thing for me earlier this summer. My lights would stay on the alarm would try to go off half heartedly and my locks would not work. Car would drive fine but it seemed to think it was being stolen. Undo the electrical connections on it and really examine the prongs. Mine had one totally broken off and the rest of the inside was corroded badly. I bought a used one on eBay installed it in a half hour and wrapped the whole unit in a Wegmans bag and then the original insulation to make sure no water ever got to it again and had no problems the rest of the summer.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Lightbulb Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Originally Posted by gblack32
I would say 180 is right about the clpm he diagnosed the same thing for me earlier this summer. My lights would stay on the alarm would try to go off half heartedly and my locks would not work. Car would drive fine but it seemed to think it was being stolen. Undo the electrical connections on it and really examine the prongs. Mine had one totally broken off and the rest of the inside was corroded badly. I bought a used one on eBay installed it in a half hour and wrapped the whole unit in a Wegmans bag and then the original insulation to make sure no water ever got to it again and had no problems the rest of the summer.
So you replace the whole unit? I guess junk yard and hope I find one. Question, what happens if you in-hook it while waiting to find/get another. Do you know if car is drivable and can you still lock the doors with the key?

Old 01-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

You can unplug it with no consequences.

EDIT : ignore what i said above, i thought we were talking about the alarm module.
I don't know if the car will run without the CLPM.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 01-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
You can unplug it with no consequences.
I screwed up my answer and I cannot be bothered to redo it.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-05-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:07 AM

Thanks guys, I may try taking it apart (unit) and seeing if the board is corroded and possibly cleaning it up.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you replace the whole unit? I guess junk yard and hope I find one. Question, what happens if you in-hook it while waiting to find/get another. Do you know if car is drivable and can you still lock the doors with the key?
Yea 180 pointed me to one that was for sale on eBay can't remember exactly how much but it was less than 200 very easy plug and play just label the 3 hoses so you know which goes where. And honestly I don't know if it would still be drivable if you unhooked it. Mine only kept the lights on not flashing so you could probably just pull the fuses for the lights and just drive it during the day. That is what I did for about a week

Old 01-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need to replace the alarm or if you can the alarm batteries ! but most of the time batteries eat up alarm & has to be relaced can find them on ebay I did