Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

I thought somewhere someone said that when the alarm keeps going off (and I can't turn it off by the key) that I need a new battery... Is this correct? I was quoted $125 plus tax. I want to make sure that's it before spending that much if it's not going to do anything.

Oh... and only one dealer out of ten in my area has a battery.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Default Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!! Dead Battery!?

If you mean the regular car battery, Interstate battery has an exact copy of our battery. It even has the same decals! Check with a local garage for pricing.
I doubt this will help you though. There was a thread here on that problem, I believe it is a door switch or something like that.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can test your batteries out - put voltage to see if any of the cells are dying. also top up the electrolyte in each cell.

usually my alarm goes off because I leave the key fob in my pocket, and when I sit down sometimes the panic button gets pressed.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 PM

Try this link:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ighlight=alarm

Old 07-03-2007, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by crossfirefun
Thanks! I read through that link and the links in that link and found some similarities...
The key was not in my pocket so I didn't accidentally press the panic button.
And once the alarm goes off I can't turn it off, I have to let it run it little cycle (even if I start the engine the alarm still goes on blaring)... then when it's done doing that and I lock it again the brake lights, marker lights and, fog lights continued to flash until I unlocked the car.

It is the second time this has happened... Once at my grandpas in his driveway, and the other in the middle of a town house subdivision (the second time had a small crowd of spectators watching me try and turn off the alarm to no avail)!

Taking it to the dealer tomorrow... they said over the phone that it's probably the battery. I hope there right!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 PM

Replaced the battery... obviously not the problem because the alarm just went off again! Taking it back to the dealer monday... will keep everyone posted.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:08 PM

The dealer had my car for five days now and the alarm went off only one time... (in the service bay). After consolidating with Mercedes and a local Mercedes dealer they have come to the conclusion that the drivers’ door sensor is bad and ordered a new one, which apparently is revised. I think/hope they found the problem!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:37 AM

Just an update...

It's been at the dealer now for more than four weeks, they have determined that it's the driver door sensor... witch is good right. Wrong. DC doesn't even make that part anymore they make a revised/updated one which they say works... it doesn't. The dealer has been trying to talk to germany for the past three weeks to see if they can get a part that works, so far they've been unlucky.

If anyone has any thoughts feel free to share.

At least it's stored inside.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Crossfire.jpg (376.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason wish I had an answer for you but a couple things come to mind here. There was a post by another member about something to do with her interior lights and a switch went bad...DC didn't make the part any more, she was told to find one at a junk yard. This is a bit scary if they are not making Crossfire components any more. I have this vision of a lot somewhere out in the remote desert with a bunch of Crossfires, all with there alarms going off, that's where they sent them because they couldn't figure out how to fix them...Let us know what you find out.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe try checking on e-bay.

Wouldn't it be funny if you took the part into the dealer when they couldn't find one!

Old 08-21-2007, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
I have this vision of a lot somewhere out in the remote desert with a bunch of Crossfires, all with there alarms going off, that's where they sent them because they couldn't figure out how to fix them...Let us know what you find out.
HA, thanks Pat. Yeah it makes me wonder what's going to happen to the/my Crossfire down the road... maybe their will be junkyards just for the Crossfire, acres upon acres of them.

apkano, I did a search and came up empty handed... dang.

Last edited by 04Fire; 08-21-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Well I finally got the car back 2 weeks ago and the problem was the alarm module its self. They still don't know what exactly but there was one code in the model that wasn't in another Crossfire they compared it too so the replaced the whole thing.

Side Note: For the 2.5 months they had my car the loaner car bill was around $2,200... and my dealer didn't have a certified Crossfire mechanic because the dealer didn't see the need for it. The training only cost $2,000...

Old 10-06-2007, 03:22 AM

Glad to hear that you finally got your car back, had to be the longest couple of months ever. Happy to hear it is fixed and didn't get exiled to the desert. Enjoy!

Old 10-07-2007, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by RickZ
Glad to hear that you finally got your car back, had to be the longest couple of months ever. Happy to hear it is fixed and didn't get exiled to the desert. Enjoy!
HA! Thanks Rick glad to be back... I got a lot of catching up to do.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:57 PM

Well just when you think it's all over...

It's been in the shop a week now and they had a Chrysler Mechanic come down and check it out. Seems now they believe it's the Scan Module (whatever that is) and ordered a new one of those to see if that would finally fix the problem. They installed the Scan Module today and are keeping an eye on it untill tomorrow to see if the alarm goes off again. Fingers Crossed!

Side Note: The alarm its self isn’t going off any more but the Fog Lights/Parking Lights/Tail Lights seem to flash at random and for various amounts off time.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Smile Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!! Dead Battery!?

I'm coming in late on this one but I figured I would offer a suggestion in case someone stumbles upon this thread.

The solution for me was replacing the $3 batteries in my key fob. I had an inkling it might be my car's obnoxious way of telling me to replace these batteries, so to solve the problem in the short-term, I pulled the fuse the controlled the alarm system (FYI this fuse also controls the interior overhead lights). Hope this helps!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 AM

I just started having what is apparently the same problem with my '04 Crossfire a few days ago. First, it was just the lights flashing for no apparent reason, which could be stopped with the remote key. Then, on the third day, the security alarm went off with no obvious provocation--also stopped with the remote key. Today at work, alarm went off again and COULD NOT be consoled with the key. Rushed it home (it screaming the whole time--luckily only 3 minutes ride home), then disconnected the battery, which settled things (which I'm now confused about, because I just read that the security alarm has its own power source...?). Then, I yanked #9 fuse to disable alarm altogether (as well as some other inconvenient things, like overhead lights and HORN). Now at least I can get to work without a scene...but is it true that the problem could ACTUALLY be fob batteries?? Did changing them actually work for you?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ragnarok
I just started having what is apparently the same problem with my '04 Crossfire a few days ago. First, it was just the lights flashing for no apparent reason, which could be stopped with the remote key. Then, on the third day, the security alarm went off with no obvious provocation--also stopped with the remote key. Today at work, alarm went off again and COULD NOT be consoled with the key. Rushed it home (it screaming the whole time--luckily only 3 minutes ride home), then disconnected the battery, which settled things (which I'm now confused about, because I just read that the security alarm has its own power source...?). Then, I yanked #9 fuse to disable alarm altogether (as well as some other inconvenient things, like overhead lights and HORN). Now at least I can get to work without a scene...but is it true that the problem could ACTUALLY be fob batteries?? Did changing them actually work for you?
I really think it is the fob batteries. It has been five months since I put the new batteries in mine and I haven't had any problems since! Definitely give it a try.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the quick response, Liza! I will give that a shot first.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 PM

No problem. Let me know if it works for you too!

Quick Reply: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!