Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Thanks GraphiteGhost! there is an electrical connection on the cowl cover but the washer hose can be moved out of the way with the cover. There are two clips that hold wires in the front center of the cover which need to be removed like you stated. I did not remove the battery cable but might be a good idea - I wasnt thinking but once you disconnect it you could throw it in the neighbours pool if it is going off....

Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you decide to throw it in the pool then here is a pic what your throwing.

Just changed my alarm out and needed to see if the batteries inside could be replaced. Nope!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo.JPG (2.07 MB, 197 views)
Old 03-19-2012, 12:58 PM

Add me to the list!

2004 Crossfire. Alarm goes off randomly and Key Fob / Starting vehicle do not shut the alarm off. You must wait until it's done the alarm cycle. It actually sounds as if the alarm battery source slowly dies out. I'm hoping the vehicle battery doesn't power the alarm battery, leaving me with a dead car in a matter of time?

Suggestion #1 = new FOB batteries. If that's the case, removing the FOB batteries should be equally effective so I'm walking around with an empty key fob until further notice.

If it goes off again, I'll have to take it into a mechanic and print out highlights of this thread. But really, I've had so many problems with my Crossfire in the past 12 months that I'm ready to just trade her in and get something new/different. Maybe a Jeep. I don't know.

Subscribed to thread and will update with developments.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Forum Regular

The Alarm siren worked for me. No problems since. Not too hard of a job and not too expensive if you buy the part from Mercedes. Don't give up - my mechanic loves the car and says I should keep it instead of buying another vehicle and he usually only sees me once a year for the oil change!

Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM

Well it wasn't the FOB. Alarm started sounding even without batteries in it. My car battery was replaced recently so it's not that either. I guess the next step is to have the Alarm Siren replaced? Can I just take my car to my typical mechanic to order/replace or do I need to special order this somehow?

Old 03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Forum Regular

read post 39, 40 & 41. You can do it yourself or any mechanic can do it - maybe print those posts and take it to your mechanic. The part #'s are in the post and you can call MB and chrysler to see who has it and how much but I would say Mercedes will always be cheaper.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Red face Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Hello from Finland!

I have had the exact same problem with my Crossie... First it started with lights flashing and now I can't lock the doors without triggerin the alarm. So I'm going to follow steps starting with battery changes. Let's see if it works for my 05' Coupe.

Could Someone "link" me to site where I can buy this alarm module located under the hood?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Forum Regular

Go back to post 39

"I bought the alarm siren from Mercedes MB part #A 171 820 25 26 - $148.60 Canadian. Chrysler quoted 282.00 Canadian for #5124443AB"

hope this helps, Ron

Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 PM

My Car alarm was going off everyday. Though it was my towing button that is jammed, any ideas how to un-jam it? Should I replace the towing button?

Last edited by REYMARTZ; 02-25-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM

Hey guys,

When i first bought my Crossfire back in November it also was sounding the siren every time that I would try to lock the doors. If I left them unlocked and didn't mess with it the siren wouldn't sound whatsoever. No problems with the battery or key fob, natta. So for if any reason this is what your problem is, I recommend checking out the lock on the glovebox. When I took mine into Mercedes they couldn't figure a darn thing out for 3 days. Apparently their is an electronic lock switch in the glovebox that if it goes bad, and you try to lock the door, it'll sound the siren until you unlock the door again. Cheap fix, or you could just unplug it. Not exactly sure where it is because I wasn't the one who did it, but after unplugging it (Until the new part came in) I had no problems with the siren whatsoever.

Just thought I'd throw that in here just in case someone has given up hope..

Richie

Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by REYMARTZ
My Car alarm was going off everyday. Though it was my towing button that is jammed, any ideas how to un-jam it? Should I replace the towing button?
What do you mean jammed?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieLyons
Hey guys,

When i first bought my Crossfire back in November it also was sounding the siren every time that I would try to lock the doors. If I left them unlocked and didn't mess with it the siren wouldn't sound whatsoever. No problems with the battery or key fob, natta. So for if any reason this is what your problem is, I recommend checking out the lock on the glovebox. When I took mine into Mercedes they couldn't figure a darn thing out for 3 days. Apparently their is an electronic lock switch in the glovebox that if it goes bad, and you try to lock the door, it'll sound the siren until you unlock the door again. Cheap fix, or you could just unplug it. Not exactly sure where it is because I wasn't the one who did it, but after unplugging it (Until the new part came in) I had no problems with the siren whatsoever.

Just thought I'd throw that in here just in case someone has given up hope..

Richie
I'm thinking these switches are not only in the glove box lock but at every door, gas cap, the console in the roadster, hood and hatch. Any one of them can go bad. and trip the alarm system.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Talking Re: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!

Yeeepp!

I bought new battery 3 weeks ago and since then NO MORE ALARM PROBLEMS so far!
I'm so relieved!!!

New battery is Bosch 12v 74Ah.

Thanks for the advices! Ladies here I come!! Perkele!!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:28 PM

I've got the same issue, took the car out of winter storage, installed a new battery, loaded the eurotune, sprintbooster. Locked the doors and several hours later the alarm goes off. The xfire is a 2004 n/a model. Cleaned the battery terminals on the battery, checked for moisture in the trunk, non there. Is there a way to totally disable the alarm, or a way to use a meter in the siren. I know I can pull fuse 9, but that does affect the remote entry. I would like to keep the remote entry and not have my lights or siren go nuts. First option to fix it is buy a new siren, but for now is there a way to lock the doors and hatch without setting off the alarm. Read all i could find on here and the mercedes forums....

Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wraith13
I've got the same issue, took the car out of winter storage, installed a new battery, loaded the eurotune, sprintbooster. Locked the doors and several hours later the alarm goes off. The xfire is a 2004 n/a model. Cleaned the battery terminals on the battery, checked for moisture in the trunk, non there. Is there a way to totally disable the alarm, or a way to use a meter in the siren. I know I can pull fuse 9, but that does affect the remote entry. I would like to keep the remote entry and not have my lights or siren go nuts. First option to fix it is buy a new siren, but for now is there a way to lock the doors and hatch without setting off the alarm. Read all i could find on here and the mercedes forums....
My alarm went on the fritz last week - same random symptoms. I pulled the wipers, removed the cowl and took the siren out. Put everything back together leaving out the siren just to confirm 100% that it was the culprit. So far all seems OK so I'm concluding the siren was the culprit. Everything works fine without the siren installed so now I just need to decide whether I want to get a new one or just have a silent light-flashing alarm.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:13 PM

I tried to find another ways to disable alarm siren too, but somehow I always found myself with the same answer.'

Either you try changing battery (which you have already done WRAITH13) or you change the alarm module. I got lucky 'cause my crossfire stopped yelling and flashing lights after battery change.

For me it would have been quite a search to find new alarm module here in Finland. Anyway, I think I'm going to have to replace also the alarm module in these coming years so better start searching one with a decent price.

Wraith. What does "Eurotune" and "Sprintbooster" do?

Buck Spunni. After removing "siren" did it still flash?

Old 05-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kragath

Wraith. What does "Eurotune" and "Sprintbooster" do?

Buck Spunni. After removing "siren" did it still flash?
Haven't heard it flashing. Silence is golden. If you're asking if the alarm still works but silently, I don't know....I'm just happy it's quiet. I'll push the panic button tomorrow & see what it does.

Eurotune is an ECU tune good for a few extra horses.
Sprintbooster is a gadget that attaches to the gas pedal removing the drive-by-wire throttle lag.
Some say that if you have the tune you don't need the Sprintbooster. I only have the tune so I can't say, but I can tell you the tune is worthwhile.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:48 AM

haha yeah. flashing noise ;D sorry I was dead tired when I wrote it. It was 3am here in Finland.

The funny thing is that I don't even have this "panic" button in my keyfob of 05' coupe. Only lock,unlock. So I can't even imagine what happens when you push that button.

Did you buy that "Eurotune ECU" from internet or from local store and how much did it cost? You got me interested there! =)

Originally Posted by Buck Spunni
Haven't heard it flashing. Silence is golden. If you're asking if the alarm still works but silently, I don't know....I'm just happy it's quiet. I'll push the panic button tomorrow & see what it does.

Eurotune is an ECU tune good for a few extra horses.
Sprintbooster is a gadget that attaches to the gas pedal removing the drive-by-wire throttle lag.
Some say that if you have the tune you don't need the Sprintbooster. I only have the tune so I can't say, but I can tell you the tune is worthwhile.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kragath
Did you buy that "Eurotune ECU" from internet or from local store and how much did it cost? You got me interested there! =)
N/A : Crossfire Performance Engine Software with Euro-Flash!
The sale price appears to be still in effect.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM

Thanks!

I should look into it! =)

Quick Reply: Car Alarm Keeps going off!!! Dead Battery!?!