Old 09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Superboi71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the group and so far I have been welcomed with hopitality.

Hey guys, I am kinda new here. I have been in love with the XF since I saw the commercial back in 2004. I am just now into a place where I think I can get one soon. Right now I have a SLK230 Kompressor in which I will never own another convertible in my life. The heat and the sun where I live kills the plastic in the cars and the hydraulics for the top tend to fail at about 110,000 miles and is very pricey to fix, about half of what the car is worth.

So I am leaning toward a Limited , the newest with the least amount of miles on it I can find but every once in a while I also look at the SRT6s... but I keep getting gun shy with them because of the supercharger. See I have had issues with the supercharger clutch in my SLK going out which tends to make the car really sluggish taking off or trying to pass. I was wondering if the SRT6's supercharger has the same issues at around 120,000 miles? If not I would probably try to hunt down an SRT6 but if they do I will definately go with the Limited.