Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New to the group and so far I have been welcomed with hopitality.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the group and so far I have been welcomed with hopitality.

Hey guys, I am kinda new here. I have been in love with the XF since I saw the commercial back in 2004. I am just now into a place where I think I can get one soon. Right now I have a SLK230 Kompressor in which I will never own another convertible in my life. The heat and the sun where I live kills the plastic in the cars and the hydraulics for the top tend to fail at about 110,000 miles and is very pricey to fix, about half of what the car is worth.

So I am leaning toward a Limited , the newest with the least amount of miles on it I can find but every once in a while I also look at the SRT6s... but I keep getting gun shy with them because of the supercharger. See I have had issues with the supercharger clutch in my SLK going out which tends to make the car really sluggish taking off or trying to pass. I was wondering if the SRT6's supercharger has the same issues at around 120,000 miles? If not I would probably try to hunt down an SRT6 but if they do I will definately go with the Limited.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: New to the group and so far I have been welcomed with hopitality.

Welcome.

I think you find very few SRT6s with over 100K so far. Give them time.

James

Old 09-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I feel the same as you about convertible tops. At first they are fun.... then in really hot weather (south Texas) you never want to put the top down because it is too hot. Convertibles are useless here. The sun destroys tops and they are expensive to fix. Just another thing that can break.

When I sold my last car (a convertible) and bought the crossfire I decided I would go for the coupe. Yes... sometimes I wish I had a convertible but I don't really care. The 10 times I year I would use it are not worth the hassle. Besides, I like the look of the coupe on the crossfire. Looks much better in my opinion.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. You have a couple things to consider. First there are Ltd. Coupes and Converts same for the SRT's. I like my Ltd coupe because of the looks and 6 speed, I wish it had the SRT engine in it but I'm happy with the quickness after adding a magnaflow and a dual CAI. The SRT's are available in either coupe form or convert. all have automatics, you can't get a 6 speed. Try and drive both (SRT Coupe or Ltd Coupe) and see which you are more happy driving. I think when you make your choice consider the driving experience and the look of both then decide. Hope this helps.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Superboi71
New to the group and so far I have been welcomed with hopitality.
Stick around "Boi", we'll see if we can't do something about that!

You are doing the right thing coming here, looking around the site and asking questions. Lots of info here. Take yer time and get the Crossy that's right for you.

Best advise I can give is don't buy BLACK!

Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Stick around "Boi", we'll see if we can't do something about that!

You are doing the right thing coming here, looking around the site and asking questions. Lots of info here. Take yer time and get the Crossy that's right for you.

Hey, was that nice....don't mind him, you can buy black, just buy a host of Adam's polish, or Maquire's polish, and a few clay bars, and,,,well, you get the picture....

Old 09-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Hey, was that nice....don't mind him, you can buy black, just buy a host of Adam's polish, or Maquire's polish, and a few clay bars, and,,,well, you get the picture....
I think he little upset , ! because he always looking at black Crossfire in front of him !!!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Best advise I can give is don't buy BLACK
Good advice. Black is way too fast for all but the most experienced drivers.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:29 PM

To quote Dirty Harry in one of his early movies,"There ya go again", puttin us owners of the best color you can own in a Crossfire.
You see Tigh 1, you have to be very meticulous, to own a BLACK, crossfire and keep it looking showroom new. Thank you very much

Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

LOL

You guys' kill me!

Old 09-04-2010, 06:49 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Is there another color other than BLACK?

We RULE, and you know it......

Old 09-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a slk32. the s/c is totally different than your 4 banger s/c. no worries about it. get the srt-6 in black!!!! dj really loves all the black cars and secretly wishes he had 1.
as for a warm welcome that was a mistake and wont happen again!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i have a slk32. the s/c is totally different than your 4 banger s/c. no worries about it. get the srt-6 in black!!!! dj really loves all the black cars and secretly wishes he had 1.
as for a warm welcome that was a mistake and wont happen again!
yeah, how did that happen...we aren't usually that warm, unless we just did a run thru the quarter...dang heatsoak....

Old 09-04-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
yeah, how did that happen...we aren't usually that warm, unless we just did a run thru the quarter...dang heatsoak....
must be the weather doc. the thought of colder temps,the sound of the s/c screamin thru the traps has me all warm and fuzzy!

Old 09-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
must be the weather doc. the thought of colder temps,the sound of the s/c screamin thru the traps has me all warm and fuzzy!
yeah, you are right....it is cool here tonight, I wish I was racing...but, waiting to hear about the LSD...I still have the meth kit to buy and install, and the tune to do....OK, now back to this being so nice to the newby...where did we go wrong again....lol...

Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome! Don't settle for a limited when you can find good SRT-6's on fire sales. The good ones won't be around forever, so grab one while you can.

black's are fastest.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:33 AM

LOL ... Funny... I am actually going for black love the color and i am very meticulous about caring for a car... I have had my SLK230 for ever and its rolling over 130,000 miles... the hydraulics for the top has stopped working and with the deterioration of the interior because of the sun ... I have had my convertible but don't desire another. My car will be garaged when not being driven, I want a black one because those are the ones with the red and black interior . Hmmmm the SRT6, Love the way they look and like the performance but I have read that some of yall are having IC problems that makes the SC do similar things that mine is doing.. going in and out, can be embarrasing when trying to get in front of a truck ... yikes. I will haft to read more on them.. the LTD are more interesting to me .. love the hide away wing.... not worried about the heated seats since I live 40 miles north of New Orleans I have already planned on redoing the air intake and the exhaust but honestly even without doing that the car seems to have more than enough power. Thank you all for all of your input.. I will keep on reading and when I finally get one yall be the first to know.. thanks

Old 09-05-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Superboi71
LOL ... Funny... I am actually going for black love the color and i am very meticulous about caring for a car... I have had my SLK230 for ever and its rolling over 130,000 miles... the hydraulics for the top has stopped working and with the deterioration of the interior because of the sun ... I have had my convertible but don't desire another. My car will be garaged when not being driven, I want a black one because those are the ones with the red and black interior . Hmmmm the SRT6, Love the way they look and like the performance but I have read that some of yall are having IC problems that makes the SC do similar things that mine is doing.. going in and out, can be embarrasing when trying to get in front of a truck ... yikes. I will haft to read more on them.. the LTD are more interesting to me .. love the hide away wing.... not worried about the heated seats since I live 40 miles north of New Orleans I have already planned on redoing the air intake and the exhaust but honestly even without doing that the car seems to have more than enough power. Thank you all for all of your input.. I will keep on reading and when I finally get one yall be the first to know.. thanks

black rules!!! your top can be fixed ever so cheaply! i have complete ram rebuild kits that cost next to nothing. it simply takes patience and time. as for the plastic parts and dash cracking i just keep it garaged and when i park the car for extended times i raise the top. lots of gummi phluge on the seals and protectant on the dash no issues.
now the i/c pump is a 150$ fix and you wont worry about for a very long time. supercooler separate the coolant system and add a 180 tstat do a -10 fan mod and you wont have any problems with coolin that blower down. i can do multiple back to back runs at the track never shuts down. actually bmorgan and i ran in may in close to 100* heat and never shut down

Old 09-05-2010, 09:50 AM

If you are very serious about a limited, you need to go to the thread Rudy just posted and purchase the performance parts he and Tazz just posted up. It would be a great deal on performance parts for your new limited, and they have very few miles on them. You would also have theri on-line assistance with the installs. It's rare moment on here to get these parts at a good price.