View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
soundcreationsaz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Last few ?'s before Headunit install

Originally Posted by huntsmcgee
As it comes closer to buying my system, 10 days , Im going to go a differnt route and replace all speakers in my car with kicker ks coaxial and componets, ill be taking out the factory subwoofers and custom installing the kickers, also ill be re wireing the whole thing and run all 4 speakers off of a 350w kicker 4 ch amp, the subwoofers will be 2 15in kicker comps running off a 400w rms mono block amp, So far as the headunit its a kenwood x994 and has plenty of crossovers.
Soooo...Not to be a kill joy with the kickers..but unless you get them at cost there are waaaaay better brands out there that sound twice as good, at half the price. I've owned a car stereo company for nine years and the kickers just are alot of hype and not worth the money.. And a heads up on the subs,make sure the amplifier max output matches the max wattage of your subs..Your subs will blow quicker by being underpowered rather than over powered...oh..and DYNAMAT!! drop the headliner and slap two sheets of extreme Dynamat on the roof and at least a sheeet and a half inside each door on the door skin and a half a sheet on the inner door. and strip the carpet kit in the trunk and dynamat the hell outta the trunk area and...If your not going to totally fiberglass the heck out of your trunk into a custom box you can actually put polyfill in the "dead" space behind the carpeted trunk panels..A box and a half fits (so about seven pounds) Now the sound deadening is complete and your stereo will sound a billion times better than without!