View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 01:54 PM
onehundred80
Received 565 Likes on 474 Posts
Default Re: Car won't pass inspection

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
Ugh...my 2004 Crossfire needs to be inspected but it won't pass because of 2 problems: one is that the 'check engine' light is on, and the other is that one of the headlights is out.

When I went to have the bulb replaced, the guy told me that it's not the lightbulb, there's something wrong with the wiring. It will cost $110 just to diagnose the headlight problem. It may cost around $200 - $700 to fix the engine light issue. A guy offered to get rid of the light but I'm guessing that's not totally legal and I didn't get the impression his guys knew what they were doing with the car, so I'm not sure I trust him. He's not the one who told me about the headlight, btw.

Is this kind of thing standard with these cars? Does anyone have any suggestions about any of these things? I've already gotten a ticket for my sticker being expired. I need to get this taken care of. Thanks for your help.
Have you checked the fuses, there is one fuse for each headlight. So check the four fuses, they are on the drivers side end of dash. remove the panel cover and check them. If it is a blown fuse you may have to figure out what caused the blown fuse or you may be lucky and a new fuse will not blow.