Thread: Texas Mile!!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
jonnyb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Texas Mile!!

After posting, I was thinking about it and realized that it only takes about an eighth mile to go from 0-80, and since I was able to reach 155 from 80 in just under a mile, I could see how you might be able to top out a stock srt6 in the mile.

Also, I took a closer look at that chart tom2112 posted and noticed how the resistance exponentially increases with speed, but really gets crazy above 175. That definitely makes me second guess how quickly my car would have hit "the wall", and I concede that 181 may not be achievable with a stock SRT6 (especially a roadster).

As far as supercharged vs. turbocharged and torque at a low rpm, it downshifted to 3rd gear when I punched it so it wasn't really low rpm, and the amount of time it took to do that downshift was about the same amount of time a turbo would need to spool, so I'm not sure your comparison is correct. Also, you need to take a ride in my 11 second Omni GLHS (turbo charged 4 cylinder if you're not familiar with them) and I'm guessing you may really change your mind about turbos and low rpm torque after I take you for a 70-120 mph 3/4 gear pull