View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 12:29 AM
shapeshifter309
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well... finally got my rotors in.

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I feel the same. Mine arrived exactly the same way. They don't pack them expecting them to be mounted on a show car. Unfortunately. I re-sprayed the hubs on mine silver to match the hubs, spacers and wheel. I would use a good de-greaser and skip the dish soap. But, that's just me..if you don't, the coating (grease) will ruin the pads. Fast.

BTW- if you really want to know, I can weigh my OEM N/A rotors in the morning. I have them at my lab. Do you really want me to?
Since I won't be showing off the hubs anytime soon anyways, I'm probably good. I just didn't know if that was the "E-coating" that was scratched off and if it would corrode just like a normal, unprotected one now. These are going with the stock wheels, so I doubt you could see the hubs easily anyways.

Like I mentioned (obviously you didn't see it because I just posted it though), I'm gonna have a shop do the entire job just in case I would break something. I don't really have the equipment to do it either, so I doubt it would be a good idea. They probably already know to, but I'll tell whoever I take it to to wash the rotors with degreaser before mounting them.

And if you REALLY want to weigh them, feel free. It won't kill me if you don't, but myself along with anyone else that would want to know would sure appreciate it if you did. No pressure though. Like I said, I won't die if I don't know. Just curious.