View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 12:37 AM
shapeshifter309
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Well... finally got my rotors in.

Originally Posted by Joliet John
Everything from FedEx goes in to once facility, sorted, then out from there. Logistically, it's the best way to do it. Otherwise, you'd have to send multiple planes to one location.
It was FedEx ground. I figured the only real explanation they could give is that it might have been put on a train headed for a sort facility in Petersburg with many other packages. What I don't understand is why wouldn't this hypothetical train, or even if it was a truck, stop in Toledo, a major city in Ohio? It went right past it.

USPS and UPS have always taken the shortest route (sort facilities taken into consideration). If I get a package from Indiana, it might go through Chicago first even though it could hypothetically just go straight across the state line to the middle of Illinois, but there's a huge sort facility in Chicago where most of their packages would get sent out to their different destination cities, and in addition Chicago isn't really the opposite way from the destination, it's just a slight detour. This package, on the other hand, went the complete opposite way on the same highway, then came back down that same highway to Chicago.

Again, they may have some magical explanation, but I find it comical that it would go 250 miles the other way, passing through a major city, to come back down the same road. But hey, I can't complain cause it's still getting here on time.