View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 07:35 AM
mbepic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: Five year Extended warranty nearly over

[QUOTE=gryfan]
Originally Posted by onehundred80
Next month marks the fifth anniversary of my Crossfire purchase, it also marks the end of my extended warranty with its free oil changes twice a year. This warranty also got me one rear tire that was ruined on the road by a piece of metal.
I had eight out of the possible ten oil changes so that saved a few bucks.
Saw them change the oil and put in a fleece filter yesterday for the last time. Now that Mobil 0W-30 oil is cheaper at CTC we have to find a nicely priced fleece filter, not the laughable "$40 for you" (list $60) at my local auto parts store
Total Crossfire problems in 33,000k was, two headlamp bulbs, a power seat relay that I fixed for $1.00 plus swearing and sweating, the tire and three punctures. The lifters have been a bit noisy on start up lately, strange that.
I'll expect major problems in the new year.

180, i am at 30,000 km and am also noticing some tapping at start up. it goes away in about 10-15 seconds. this is something new.
gryfan
Go to a thicker oil 10:50 and reduce that tapping noise to 5-10secs.

Dave will remember when we use to add the 'honey' to our oil (STP) and it removed
all noise from the engine.............no noise must be no problem!

BTW, I'm curious to know what you guys paid for your extended warranty and do you now believe it was worth it?