Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 AM
Athol Holloway
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Sticky Ignition Key Fix for all Crossfires 2004 thru 2006

Hi Everyone

This thread is great bar one thing......... my KEY is stuck completely, it wont turn to the first position. how do I remove the ignition now ??????.

I have striped the dash till there is wires and wires alone. there is a small silver locking pin that secures the ignition to the steering column. I have tried to manhandle this so that I can remove the ignition. when I say i have manhandled I`m not joking. a small chisel and hammer and it does not budge.

I need some help please my car can not sleep another night in the streets of Johannesburg outside my house (totally not safe). i cant turn the key, cant turn the Steering and cant get it out of Park (auto).

please assist i am at the end of my wits end. local dealer said R 1500 ($215)to tow and then i would need to replace both keys and the entire ignition. they need to order from the states and then get it coded and cut. could take up to 3 months... at a cost of R ($2142)

if some-one can assist me please post here and email me at atholcanadian@gmail.com. i would really appreciate any assistance

Athol