View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 PM
thummmper
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler 3.5 V6 motor

I had another van I had put a subaru in and the gearing is way too low and it pissed me off, so I started looking for a 6 cyl I could set midengined. the vw trans isnt durable above 180 hp. I chose the 94 vision because I knew the electronics would be a challenge, and I wanted to learn on an obd1 system before moving into the late nineties. besides, I have bought both vehicles and set the e/t for less than 3k, total.
So, buying a 12k engine with obd2 immobilizers and stuff makes little sense for me. true, this engine has 160k miles on it, it ran beautifully before I dismantled her. she must pass smog again too. my ref has no suprises for me.

march 2012-- I have been back to fullerton college since-- their auto shop is now north in la habra due to construction-- but the $8.25 fee is only for those throwing the dice with a conversion or swap. ahem!

CORRECTION-- the state guys will inspect for free, but you must have a legitimate issue to get them to smog it--a sort of incentive-- not just anyone can go for cheap-

Last edited by thummmper; 06-22-2012 at 01:41 PM.