View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 05:56 PM
GoodEnough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Outcome from CA Lemon Law...

Originally Posted by John Webster
GoodEnough, I would like to know how you reached someone at Chrysler who could settle your problem.

I've e-mailed their problems website and got form responses recommending trying another dealer. I've spoken to the local service rep and got the same condescension you reported. I've spoken to Jim Brown, the owner of the Classic chain of dealerships I bought mine from and he recommended that I contact the local Better Business Bureau about their arbitration program (which Chrysler does not participate in).

My nine trips to four different Chrysler dealers have not gotten the difficulties with my car (including the two safety related problems) remedied and the last time it was in they damaged my Crossfire.

Since Chrysler seems to feel no obligation to comply with the Ohio Lemon Law I have retained an attorney but I would like to hear any advice you would care to give on how to avoid what is sure to be an expensive and lengthy legal process.
It sounds like you have to go through the channels first.
Check your owners’ manual. In there, is an addressed postcard that you tear out & send to Chrysler regarding mechanical issues. I sent a detailed letter along with that completed card to the address printed on the card. I also mailed the same letter with the customer service questionnaires I received in the mail.
I think the response came from the card in the owners’ manual.

As far as Chrysler is concerned, your only option is to go through your local "Zone Manager" since Chrysler doesn't participate in Arbitration or Mediation. Actually, you have two options: 1. Zone Manager or 2. Lawsuit.

Ask your service department to put in the request for their Zone Manager to call you. Good luck with that! One of the reasons I waited to continue with the process was that my Zone Manager was a TOOL! I called my service dept. a few more times to see if he quit or was transferred etc... No such luck. I mailed my letters 4 months later.

2 weeks after I mailed the letters, Chrysler called me & said someone will contact me within 10 days regarding my issue... A very nice lady called me back on the 8th day!
Once we determined that I was going to get a replacement car instead of their offer of 3 car payments, my case was turned over to the “Impartial Services Group”. I was told to call the dealer to have them find my replacement. Since my exact car doesn’t exist on anyone’s lot…. I’m waiting for production to begin on the ‘06’s. Apparently the dealer isn’t even able to place any orders for the ‘06’s yet (so I’m told). At that point I'll be in talks with the Impartial Services Group to handle the paperwork.
I was assured that this will be cut & dry.
Stay tuned, there may be more drama around the corner.