Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Outcome from CA Lemon Law...

Old 06-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outcome from CA Lemon Law...

I have an '04 I bought at the end of August. Two days later it was in the shop for 40+ days for an ignition problem. I qualified for the Calif. Lemon Law, so I contacted the local Zone Manager to work out a resolution. After weeks of no return phone calls and when he did call me back he was insulting and condescending. I was so discouraged that I stopped pursuing the issue for a few months. I wrote a few letters to the various divisions of Chrysler. Got a call shortly after that from a nice woman and we worked everything out.
I'm going to get my car replaced. I'd be hard pressed to find another '04 exactly like mine, so they said they'd try to find an '05! Bonus!
Well... the dealer did a search & they can't find an '05 either!
Now I'm waiting for production to start on the '06's for my new 2006 coupe compliments of Chrysler! I went through heck with this darn car (some of you may remember my earlier posts about my problems with the car). After all the time off of work, phone calls, stress, and letter writing.... This is a great outcome!
If I didn't love the car so much, I'd be tempted to sell the '06 when I get it and almost come out ahead.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Default Re: Outcome from CA Lemon Law...

geez, they must be hot selling cars in cali, most dealers around here are stock piled with inventory, you could actually pick up an srt6 for around the limited coupes sticker price. if you didn't want to wait for an 06' it might just be easier to fly somewhere in the midwest and buy one and drive back to cali. also glad to hear that chrysler is trying to make things right.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, GoodEnough! Glad things finally worked out. I was wondering if anything was ever going to happen. I guess the lemon law does work. Are you going to be able to specify how the '06 is ordered? I wonder how long till they start production? Hope it's speedy!

Old 06-28-2005, 03:03 PM

I'm going to get the same exact car: Coupe, Black Exterior, Cedar interior, Auto stick.
I'm not sure if this is popular & that's why the dealer can't find it or if it's not popular & Chrysler didn't make very many of them.

The deal was, I could get any Chrysler Jeep Dodge product. They would compare MSRP vs. MSRP. I would pay the difference (or get credit) of the MSRP between the cars.

If I wanted a roadster, I'd have to pay $4,000 more. If I wanted the SRT, I'd have to pay $10,000 more etc.

I was pondering the upgraded cream colored interior. I think it's beautiful but there is just a little too much of the dark grey standard parts. Too much contrast.

I feel like I'm getting a new car & that I should get something a bit different to make it feel truly like a new car. But I don't think I'll change anything!

Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM

Wow, find that hard to believe Chrysler can't find you a replacement XF. I just did a quick search on auto trader.com and came up with a few 04' & 05' black coupe's that are brand new setting on lots right now. Give it a shot, you deserve your replacement vehicle YESTERDAY already. Good Luck...

Old 06-28-2005, 04:17 PM

Some of you may be missing the picture....
I get a replacement 2006! for the same price as my '04.

Think about the resale value in a year.....
Right now, an '04 with 10k miles (mine) is worth $10K less than an '05 with 100 miles.

Think about the value of an '06 vs. my tired and jinxed '04.

I'll gladly wait 2 months, while I drive my jinxed car.

The dealers did searches of a 500 mile radius. They didn't find my car.
I don't want to pick up from another state & drive back either.

I'm fine with waiting, believe me!

Old 06-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Forum Regular

Congrats to your great deal.

Any instruction how can I modify my car, so I could get a 06' too?

Old 06-29-2005, 12:49 AM

I would wait for the '06 model as well.

My older bro is going through some Lemon Law BS with his '04 Wrangler. It has 12K on it and has gone into the shop 5 times for Tranny work. The first problem occurred while I was driving it 2 days after we picked it up. It got stuck in second gear (AUTO) and would not come out. The dealer replaced the computer the next day. Ever since it has caused more problems than any Chrysler product my family has ever owned. Congrats on getting what you deserve, I know how hard it is...

Old 06-29-2005, 01:52 AM

I am also having some lemon law issues with my '04 crossfire. Unlike you though I do not want them to replace it with another crossfire. Infact this has turned me away from Chrysler vehicles all together.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Banned
Question Re: Outcome from CA Lemon Law...

Originally Posted by GoodEnough
Some of you may be missing the picture....
I get a replacement 2006! for the same price as my '04.

Think about the resale value in a year.....
Right now, an '04 with 10k miles (mine) is worth $10K less than an '05 with 100 miles.

Think about the value of an '06 vs. my tired and jinxed '04.

I'll gladly wait 2 months, while I drive my jinxed car.

The dealers did searches of a 500 mile radius. They didn't find my car.
I don't want to pick up from another state & drive back either.

I'm fine with waiting, believe me!
Just wondering if you have any problems with it now??? Or are they all repaired?

Old 07-03-2005, 06:12 AM

GoodEnough, I would like to know how you reached someone at Chrysler who could settle your problem.

I've e-mailed their problems website and got form responses recommending trying another dealer. I've spoken to the local service rep and got the same condescension you reported. I've spoken to Jim Brown, the owner of the Classic chain of dealerships I bought mine from and he recommended that I contact the local Better Business Bureau about their arbitration program (which Chrysler does not participate in).

My nine trips to four different Chrysler dealers have not gotten the difficulties with my car (including the two safety related problems) remedied and the last time it was in they damaged my Crossfire.

Since Chrysler seems to feel no obligation to comply with the Ohio Lemon Law I have retained an attorney but I would like to hear any advice you would care to give on how to avoid what is sure to be an expensive and lengthy legal process.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Banned
Talking Re: Outcome from CA Lemon Law...

Have you seen GEs' picture? It's not the smile!!!

I only said this because GE has a great sense of humor and smile!

Old 07-03-2005, 11:05 PM

How come I haven't had one problem with my crossfire? LOL. All these problems and I have yet to have one. Oh well, less than 2 years left.

Though, I would not have gotten off of one sinking ship into another. I would have paid the difference for a SRT-8. Or make them give me a credit on a srt-4, if I didn't already own one.

Hope you enjoy the 06'.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by John Webster
GoodEnough, I would like to know how you reached someone at Chrysler who could settle your problem.

I've e-mailed their problems website and got form responses recommending trying another dealer. I've spoken to the local service rep and got the same condescension you reported. I've spoken to Jim Brown, the owner of the Classic chain of dealerships I bought mine from and he recommended that I contact the local Better Business Bureau about their arbitration program (which Chrysler does not participate in).

My nine trips to four different Chrysler dealers have not gotten the difficulties with my car (including the two safety related problems) remedied and the last time it was in they damaged my Crossfire.

Since Chrysler seems to feel no obligation to comply with the Ohio Lemon Law I have retained an attorney but I would like to hear any advice you would care to give on how to avoid what is sure to be an expensive and lengthy legal process.
It sounds like you have to go through the channels first.
Check your owners’ manual. In there, is an addressed postcard that you tear out & send to Chrysler regarding mechanical issues. I sent a detailed letter along with that completed card to the address printed on the card. I also mailed the same letter with the customer service questionnaires I received in the mail.
I think the response came from the card in the owners’ manual.

As far as Chrysler is concerned, your only option is to go through your local "Zone Manager" since Chrysler doesn't participate in Arbitration or Mediation. Actually, you have two options: 1. Zone Manager or 2. Lawsuit.

Ask your service department to put in the request for their Zone Manager to call you. Good luck with that! One of the reasons I waited to continue with the process was that my Zone Manager was a TOOL! I called my service dept. a few more times to see if he quit or was transferred etc... No such luck. I mailed my letters 4 months later.

2 weeks after I mailed the letters, Chrysler called me & said someone will contact me within 10 days regarding my issue... A very nice lady called me back on the 8th day!
Once we determined that I was going to get a replacement car instead of their offer of 3 car payments, my case was turned over to the “Impartial Services Group”. I was told to call the dealer to have them find my replacement. Since my exact car doesn’t exist on anyone’s lot…. I’m waiting for production to begin on the ‘06’s. Apparently the dealer isn’t even able to place any orders for the ‘06’s yet (so I’m told). At that point I'll be in talks with the Impartial Services Group to handle the paperwork.
I was assured that this will be cut & dry.
Stay tuned, there may be more drama around the corner.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Thanks for the helpful reply GoodEnough. I'll give it a try.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:58 PM

It ain't gettin better, is it?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Holy resurrecting an old threat Batman.