Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What does the club mean to you?

Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does the club mean to you?

The club here in Houston has all but dissolved.
We used to get together every month and go to these neat places and spend time talking about our cars and stuff.

There was never a big group but 3-5 cars wasn't uncommon and I miss those days to the point of selling the car.
Granted, I'ld be less happy with a Mustang or Corvette but there's going to be a lasting comradery as there's a larger pool of members in those groups.

Maybe I'm being a big sap here. Owning a rare SRT is cool but I'm looking for more than that.
Thx for allowing me to vent a little and I mean no disrespect to the current XF owners in Houston.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What does the club mean to you?

There are Crossfire Clubs in San Antonio..They just had a GTG recently. Also try the Dallas area too. I know it may be a quite a drive to those cities, but hey, you have a SRT...great Texas driving weather and nothing else to do but be seen...cruising the scene in yo' lean, clean, mean SRT. Thats what I would do.

Central Texas Crossfire Club

The monthly club meeting is on the 2nd sunday of each month.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 PM

The CTC group has a lot more members and a strong leadership. We've met up with them a couple times in LaGrange.
They're a great group of people but I'm not about to spend that many hours on I10 to participate.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beep
The club here in Houston has all but dissolved.
We used to get together every month and go to these neat places and spend time talking about our cars and stuff.

There was never a big group but 3-5 cars wasn't uncommon and I miss those days to the point of selling the car.
Granted, I'ld be less happy with a Mustang or Corvette but there's going to be a lasting comradery as there's a larger pool of members in those groups.

Maybe I'm being a big sap here. Owning a rare SRT is cool but I'm looking for more than that.
Thx for allowing me to vent a little and I mean no disrespect to the current XF owners in Houston.
I think that as a whole the demographics of the owners has changed. They have dropped in price and they have fallen into the price range of younger people. That's not bad and they have a life, maybe I should leave it there. LOL

They have other things to do and going to see a group of older people with the same car is not in their plans, maybe once or twice. I cannot say I blame them, I was the same at their age as I recall with some difficulty. I have nothing in common with them either so it does cut both ways.

Beaner is the youngest in SOCO and he is getting a bit long in the teeth now.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-24-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The CTC has dropped off also. Many have sold their cars or found other interests. We are now just attending Coffee & Rides, some show some don't. We started out with a lot of interest in socializing, showing our cars, having fun and making friends. That doesn't seem to be happening these days. My interest has been lagging also mainly due to lack of interest of club members (that are left) I too have been thinking about getting a classic or Corvette (no Mustang) where there seems to be more interest in GTGs.

Last edited by Bill F; 05-24-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:07 PM

I have activity in my Triumph motorcycle club, my MG Club and Sunbeam Club. There is no Crossfire club here. I bought most of the Crossfires that I saw.......gary.....

Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by arado
I have activity in my Triumph motorcycle club, my MG Club and Sunbeam Club. There is no Crossfire club here. I bought most of the Crossfires that I saw.......gary.....
What happened to the

Old 05-25-2013, 12:01 AM

I see lots and lots of XF's around town but they probably aren't aware of this forum. It's not on their radar screen.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know what you are saying Brian, and it seems we have always had a problem getting people to show up, but recently it has got worse. I have had my convertible for nearly 8 years now, and I think the novelty is wearing off, and because we never seem to get together anymore, am seriously thinking of selling and buying a Viper, or Grand Sport.
I guess it's just a fact of life, that nothing lasts forever, but maybe we should have one last try at a GTG. My problem right now is that we are stowed off at work, and I'm working 6 days a week, including this Monday, otherwise I would have suggested going somewhere then .................... :O(

Old 05-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

We don't have an Indiana Club. Never bought the car for a "club" although I have belonged to clubs before. In fact, last night I went to look at the new ZL-1 Camaro. That is the 1st new Camaro I have liked since the change in design. I was even thinking of buying it today. Last night my wife and I took the coupe out for a shake-down since all the mods. I would have $60K + in the Camaro, but would have a huge pool of owners. But, the XF is truly running very well right now for a 1/3 the money. The mods have answered my need for speed and the car gets a lot of looks. This ZL would too as it is a black and beautiful car. I would never sell the XF's, the Camaro would just be added to collection. Club would never make my decision on cars....as car guys are just that, it doesn't matter what you drive as long as you share you enthusiasm for cars. Hell, man try some car shows... They are fun day out...meet a lot of interesting people and see a lot great cars...

Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bill F
What happened to the

Still awaiting lift off. Not enough fuel for ignition.... gary..

Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I think that as a whole the demographics of the owners has changed. They have dropped in price and they have fallen into the price range of younger people. That's not bad and they have a life, maybe I should leave it there. LOL

They have other things to do and going to see a group of older people with the same car is not in their plans, maybe once or twice. I cannot say I blame them, I was the same at their age as I recall with some difficulty. I have nothing in common with them either so it does cut both ways.

Beaner is the youngest in SOCO and he is getting a bit long in the teeth now.

I fully agree with you......on EVERYTHING you have stated.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You old farts need to lighten up. These youngsters understand and know cars just like us. When I talk old technology they counter well, this is how it's done today. But on the track. It's still the same. They keep an old fart like me young. I enjoy being around the youngsters. They don't just want to talk about it they want to go do something about it. What I don't enjoy is going to a car show to see some guy bragging about his brand new camaro he just spent $15k on the s/c it and so on but can tell you he has ever raced it or even knows the times it could run but will assure you it is faster than yours. I always answer, well we can go find out. I love cars and love to be around motor heads. Posers will always be there too.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
We don't have an Indiana Club. Never bought the car for a "club" although I have belonged to clubs before. In fact, last night I went to look at the new ZL-1 Camaro. That is the 1st new Camaro I have liked since the change in design. I was even thinking of buying it today. Last night my wife and I took the coupe out for a shake-down since all the mods. I would have $60K + in the Camaro, but would have a huge pool of owners. But, the XF is truly running very well right now for a 1/3 the money. The mods have answered my need for speed and the car gets a lot of looks. This ZL would too as it is a black and beautiful car. I would never sell the XF's, the Camaro would just be added to collection. Club would never make my decision on cars....as car guys are just that, it doesn't matter what you drive as long as you share you enthusiasm for cars. Hell, man try some car shows... They are fun day out...meet a lot of interesting people and see a lot great cars...
Get the Z/28, it's faster and there is no sense getting the second fastest Camaro ever.

It should look stunning in black too.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:26 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
You old farts need to lighten up. These youngsters understand and know cars just like us. When I talk old technology they counter well, this is how it's done today. But on the track. It's still the same. They keep an old fart like me young. I enjoy being around the youngsters. They don't just want to talk about it they want to go do something about it. What I don't enjoy is going to a car show to see some guy bragging about his brand new camaro he just spent $15k on the s/c it and so on but can tell you he has ever raced it or even knows the times it could run but will assure you it is faster than yours. I always answer, well we can go find out. I love cars and love to be around motor heads. Posers will always be there too.

Lighten up....about what? Dave just stated the facts about the new demographic.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

This is what happens with most Marque's as they age and get less expensive. It is the younger generation that is getting into them now that will eventually seek them out, in the future, as they remember back to the fun times they are having today. I have owned many future collectibles in my life that would have made me wealthy had I held onto them.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesn't matter whether young or old we all have one thing in common. We love our Crossfires!! I seem to be in the middle of the demographics and enjoy going to the GTG's at the Dragon, or with our Florida Crossfire Group when I am able to take time off. Like any group you will have ups and downs in attendance. I don't care if someone is 18 or 88. I can make new friends and hope to be able to enjoy the best of the person not the age. If your group attendance is dropping, ask the members why? Is it because of time restraints? Is it because of the GTG location(s)? Or as one person said about the Dragon last fall "They did not feel welcomed". (I have a hard time with that since the same one was my first and I now have some GREAT friends across the country)
I have started carrying my card with some information for our group. If I see another Crossfire and I am able to leave the card or speak to the person I do. I also belong to a Classic Cadillac group and they have nothing and I mean nothing on this group. Most are older and rather aloof since they spend absolute fortunes on their cars and seldom drive them over 45 mph. This group has fun... we drive fast when we can and really appreciate what we have in our little babies(except the cup holders). A good part of this group use ours as daily drivers and still work so GTG's are sometimes hard to attend.
Don't give up!! And remember no matter, Never judge a book by the cover!

Have a Great Day and keep it under 90....

Old 05-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Our Crossfires can't get less expensive. I bought my SE new for $25K. It listed@ $42K. I paid $25K for my used SRT6 roadster. New MSRP was over $50K. I could not buy that class of car. I bought 4 crossfires for less than 1 BMW and I have seen 0 depreciation...condition, condition, condition.....

Last edited by arado; 05-25-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQfun
It doesn't matter whether young or old we all have one thing in common. We love our Crossfires!! I seem to be in the middle of the demographics and enjoy going to the GTG's at the Dragon, or with our Florida Crossfire Group when I am able to take time off. Like any group you will have ups and downs in attendance. I don't care if someone is 18 or 88. I can make new friends and hope to be able to enjoy the best of the person not the age. If your group attendance is dropping, ask the members why? Is it because of time restraints? Is it because of the GTG location(s)? Or as one person said about the Dragon last fall "They did not feel welcomed". (I have a hard time with that since the same one was my first and I now have some GREAT friends across the country)
I have started carrying my card with some information for our group. If I see another Crossfire and I am able to leave the card or speak to the person I do. I also belong to a Classic Cadillac group and they have nothing and I mean nothing on this group. Most are older and rather aloof since they spend absolute fortunes on their cars and seldom drive them over 45 mph. This group has fun... we drive fast when we can and really appreciate what we have in our little babies(except the cup holders). A good part of this group use ours as daily drivers and still work so GTG's are sometimes hard to attend.
Don't give up!! And remember no matter, Never judge a book by the cover!

Have a Great Day and keep it under 90....
+1 to all the above.
Here in central/southern Alabama, we do not have any 'official' group or GTG's.
I however have made many new friends due to my Crossfire roadster including :
maxcichon, zip439, blacksrt-6, cjw and gfalcone.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beep
The CTC group has a lot more members and a strong leadership. We've met up with them a couple times in LaGrange.
They're a great group of people but I'm not about to spend that many hours on I10 to participate.
They really didn't meet in the city of LaGrange - they met in a shack, outside LaGrange .... a how, how, how, how ....

Quick Reply: What does the club mean to you?