Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What does the club mean to you?

Old 05-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 482 Likes on 335 Posts
Default Re: What does the club mean to you?

I think it happens everywhere eventually.
GTG's get smaller and sort of die off

Me and FP planned Chicago area local meets over the years.
Well FP just recently sold his Crossfire and IBLUBYU (Howard) is moving to Arizona.

I might still plan a GTG once in awhile but I too have lost some enthusiasm in planning local meets.
What I do now more instead is try to attend local cruise nights and local car shows and encourage other locals to join me at them.

I have created a new group on Facebook as well to help with continued efforts to share our local event plans and photos.
Feel free to take a look at our group page and the great photos from the past 5 years and join if you would like to follow along.
Chicago Area Crossfire Group <<link

Of course I will always continue to hold a Fall Tail of the Dragon GTG and I'm pretty sure this will remain the largest Crossfire GTG each year anywhere in the world and that is more than enough to encourage me to continue to make it happen.

I have attended these every spring and fall since 2008 and until this past spring meet I never missed one
7th Annual Fall 2013 - Tail of the Dragon GTG - October 4, 5, 6 << link

And then there is always the Woodward Dream Cruise every year in August which also has been consistently drawing about 30 Crossfires to Royal Oak, Michigan (near Detroit) every year since 2007 and I have attended every on of these meets as well
Woodward Dream Cruise & GTG - August 17, 2013 - Michigan << link

Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys, I can tell you that I still love the car. don't want to sell it. I enjoy the GTGs, but to tell the truth my health has been the biggest problem with doing GTGs. Beep let me know if you decide to sell the SRT6. I have been trying to keep mine as pristine as posible to keep the value up. The only car I ever had that I liked as well was a 1939 Ford coupe that was completely worked over in 1961. This car is a much better car than either of the vettes or mustang I have owned.
The big trouble with GTGs is that no one comes, even the Cars and Coffee almost no one comes. I know the most attendence we ever had was for doing some kind of upgrade to the cars ( tune or something like that). Any ideas, I think it all goes back to continued leadership, I just had to many medical things happenning, but loved helping other guys with their cars. I know Beep has had a lot to deal with too, more than me for sure. I think it all goes back to," it will be what ever we make it to be"!

dtinker

Old 05-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sell you mine Dave, if your interested 8300 miles.. I looked at a Grand sport today......think I'm sold. Let me know
Cheers

Old 05-25-2013, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by dtinker
Well guys, I can tell you that I still love the car. don't want to sell it. I enjoy the GTGs, but to tell the truth my health has been the biggest problem with doing GTGs. Beep let me know if you decide to sell the SRT6. I have been trying to keep mine as pristine as posible to keep the value up. The only car I ever had that I liked as well was a 1939 Ford coupe that was completely worked over in 1961. This car is a much better car than either of the vettes or mustang I have owned.
The big trouble with GTGs is that no one comes, even the Cars and Coffee almost no one comes. I know the most attendence we ever had was for doing some kind of upgrade to the cars ( tune or something like that). Any ideas, I think it all goes back to continued leadership, I just had to many medical things happenning, but loved helping other guys with their cars. I know Beep has had a lot to deal with too, more than me for sure. I think it all goes back to," it will be what ever we make it to be"!

dtinker
Tell me about the medical stuff. I totally understand.

I managed to get to the Coffee and Cars this month and was the only Crossfire there out of 1500 cars.
I couldn't get a c5 or c6 vette as people were tripping over those (and the mustangs for that matter) but as a single guy with a cat, I really miss the fellowship.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by magredvet
Sell you mine Dave, if your interested 8300 miles.. I looked at a Grand sport today......think I'm sold. Let me know
Cheers
The Roadster? Didn't you sell that to some guy in Cali?

Old 05-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Beep
The Roadster? Didn't you sell that to some guy in Cali?
He took the coupe Brian. Unfortunately after 7 1/2 years I think it's time for a Change...

Old 05-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Lighten up....about what? Dave just stated the facts about the new demographic.
Hey, don't make me come up there...please, it's too damned cold.....

Old 05-25-2013, 08:00 PM

The value of these cars is such that they are being acquired by many that see them as "inexpensive" cool cars. Unfortunately, many if the recent buyers really aren't auto enthusiast. If they have a question or problem with the Xfire, they do a google search and find this forum. Once they've got their answer, they don't or rarely come back. The slower activity on this forum over the past few years is a testament to this.

Of course, not having a next model Crossfire to talk about also contributes to the slower forum activity and lack of enthusiasm.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 05-25-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Forum Regular

Young vs. old, not sure what group I am in, but from what I hear some of you are really old so I may be in the young group. HA! Being here in South Louisiana there has never been a GTG and I may be one of very few SRT’s in the entire state, but I have always been jealous of you guys in the big cities who have regular GTG’s – all Crossfires. I did attend a GTG in Houston when I got a dyno tune and was able to meet up with Magredvet and others and had a great time. I will now attend the Dragon in the Fall for the first time which I am excited about. I normally attend local car shows and my SRT6 is a big hit, gets a lot of questions, pictures, etc. and even helped a guy with his Crossfire because he saw all the work I have done to my car (which I credit to this forum – one for helping me perform the mods and making me spend the money on the mods – that’s right – you made me spend the money).

While the demographics of the owners may be changing, bringing in new blood isn’t always a bad thing as it is great to see people who are excited to join the Crossfire family. Also, I can speak to this directly, but attending these GTG’s over the past couple of years is more of a struggle because we were expanding our family and job changes which may not be impacting other “age” groups.

I like this car because of its exclusivity which does have its advantages and disadvantages but I plan to keep this car forever, mainly because I don’t have the problem some of you have – where do I park all my awesome project cars?! – you know who you are! But I like talking cars no matter the age of attendees, I could even help onehundred80 get out of his car and walk him to his chair, you know, we younger people can be of use.

Anyway, I try to attend a Crossfire GTG when I can but usually will have to drive a good distance to do it – Houston I think is the closest GTG I know of. Also, maybe more GTG should be at Twin Peaks. That alone should increase attendance since there is nothing better than cars and great big burgers.

Last edited by Dementors; 05-26-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I could even help onehundred80 get out of his car and walk him to his chair, you know, we younger people can be of use.

You see what I mean!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Forum Regular

I enjoy the GTG's too, but I must admit I like driving the Texas Hill Country the best! I probably drive slower than some folks, but I think it is important to let people see my car. And the cops are more likely to give warnings to us old folks, so, no I don't mind being 63.

I won't be selling my Crossfire. Just going to keep fixing it up as I can afford and drive the twisty roads that God put outside my door. When it dies, I'll get another. Beep, I reckon you're just gonna have to move!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Forum Regular

Is it time for a steak dinner?

Old 05-26-2013, 11:06 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I could even help onehundred80 get out of his car and walk him to his chair, you know, we younger people can be of use.

You see what I mean!

Ya....but after someone helps you get out of your first.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Forum Regular

Again, is it time for a Central Texas Hill Country Steak Dinner???

Old 05-27-2013, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sandy
Again, is it time for a Central Texas Hill Country Steak Dinner???
I'll do Murphy's anytime. Get a "6oz" steak that fills the whole plate!

Old 05-29-2013, 04:38 PM

I'd be in on the steak dinner long as there are some interesting roads involved.