Old 02-25-2011, 10:36 AM
fastfunfor2
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Headlight headache...do you have water in you trunk?

Originally Posted by noles
How does the central locking module have anything to do with your fog lights or parking light? I did discover water in my trunk in both of those locations...The white connector on the module has corrosion and some of the pins broke off when disconnected...Another concern of mine is that my conv top wont open, it just beeps like the storage compart is not attached...I also noticed some kind of substance under my passenger seat...I'm wondering if it is hydraulic fluid for the top....not sure...any ideas???
I'm sorry I missed your post last year-- I hope your problems are fixed by now.

If you decide to fix your connector pins, first check to see which ones are actually being used. Not all the ports in the 18 pin connectors have wires attached to them.

I cant say for sure why the fog lights are associated with the CLM, but the central locking module communicates with other modules throughout the car. A computer chip located somewhere in the system has the task of telling the bells to whistle.The modules are dependent on each other as well as the signals received from sensors and actuator devices.That is why bad connections (and even conditions like a weak battery) have an adverse effect on seemingly unrelated things.

Last edited by fastfunfor2; 02-25-2011 at 10:39 AM.