View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
TerryR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cleaning exhaust tips

Originally Posted by WalkMan5
I cleaned my exhaust tips for the first time since I got her at the end of September(I know, I'm a terrible person). Used some simple green(which has the pleasant aroma of Jager), steel wool, and NEVR-DULL. Did not see as drastic of results as I had hope on the inside of the tips, but they look 100% better from a distance(which is good enough for me because I'm probably the only one who will stare at them from 2feet away).

Before:

After:

Oh Oh, Steel Wool is the very last thing you should use on any chrome OR shiney surface. Steel Wool is just like using an abrasive Emery Sheet and removes a considerable layer of the Surface, you will also end up with score Marks on the surface. Used too often, and you will end up with bare steel AND rust. I will guarantee, in a very short time your exhaust tip will be as bad, if not worse than ever before. Chrome polishes remove a minute layer of the surface and is much better for the chrome/shiney surface. I use a product called "Autoglym" which can be found on the Internet. Try it, much better for the surface. Pinting the inner surfaces with a heat resistant paint, appeals to me, I have seen black and red, looks good, may need touching up from time to time to keep looking good.

TerryR