View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Lark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: roadster rear window stick-up

Originally Posted by FLwags
The back window of my '06 roadster just started seperating from the top. Everywhere I've called, including Chrysler, says to just replace the whole top. Instead of blowing all that cash, I think I'm going to try and fix it myself. This seems to be a common problem, but wasn't expecting it to happen before i hit 35,000 miles..
I used Permatex part #81158 black silicone adhesive sealant. It is different than the 3M Window Weld part #08609 which is a urethane sealant. 3M recommends their product is used to seal primered (3M product) glass to painted car bodies Also they recommend that the orig. sealer not be totally removed(!). Permatex claims their product secures windshields, vinyl tops, metal etc.. I have used Permatex products nearly 50 years with satisfaction. I used what I could find. I came across the Crossfire forum after my repair had been completed. (orig. post 9/09)

Just checked the rear window today, the Permatex is still in excellent condition. Try to find the exact product. Not sure why the copy above is so large and this is so small! Art