View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Stevefromtyler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: roadster rear window stick-up

My window weld repair has held up over a year with no sign of failure...I haven't posted in a while on this thread, and thought it was time to let y'all know that if you do it carefully, quickly, and accurately, the bond with the 3m will hold vinyl and glass together quite well. If it fails, I will use an xacto knife and trim the excess off and do it all again, as I will likely be able to keep it intact until I truly need a brand new top due to the top itself needing to be replaced...Don't be intimidated to do this repair...wear some exam gloves though, as this stuff will stick to everything it comes in contact with..have some extra gloves so you can change them as they get gunked up, to cut down on possibility of smearing it on the window, paint, top, etc., and keep some mineral spirits and rag handy to wipe where you smear..it will likely happen several times as you work...also, you must work quickly to get the best bond, as this stuff wants to begin curing the second it comes out. You have about 10 minutes to get it done with the best outcome, so have everything ready before you start. Good luck.