Thread: 06 honda civic`
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 01:59 PM
+fireamx
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 06 honda civic`

Stupid me, here all along I was thinking we were just getting "ripped off" at the pumps because the oil companies were taking advantage of a horrendous situation in the gulf coast region. Thanks so much for setting me straight.
I guess what I should have said was that I wasn't very happy about being a "forced" contributor to the major oil companies astronomical 3rd 1/4 profits this year. (By the way, one oil companies profits was listed recently and it was several billion dollars more than 2nd place). But not to disparage an entire industry, and their philanthropic nature, Shell Oil just announced they were going to donate 3 million towards disaster relief. Oh yea and Leona Helmsly "the queen of mean" donated 5 mil. and Wal-Mart just pledged 15 mil. so I guess that just goes to show we all give what we can.
I do have one question. "Just exactly when in recent history has elevated gasoline prices cut demand?" Sounds good in theory though.
Look guys, I'm not going to pretend I understand all the ins & outs or the economic intricacies or variables of the worlds oil economies, obviously you do. Congratulations! (Economics 101 was a very long time ago for me) And if you think I'm ignorant for not doing my homework, then so be it.
But if you honestly believe that when large corporations like (oil companies, utilities, pharmaceutical mfgs) just to name a few, post unimaginable profits, that it doesn't mean that we as consumers are getting robbed, then I guess I really don't understand today's economy.