Old 09-07-2005, 02:04 PM
juddz
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Time to put in the subwoofer...please share your expertise!

Well, I have a new wiring harness for my Audiobahn self-amplified tube, and I am considering installation soon. I plan on using the stock deck, and using the speaker-level inputs for a signal to the sub. I will use line-level converters for a clear input. This is what I think the steps will be in this car... could you please fill in the blanks?
1) Remove stock deck using special DIN tool:
- Where can I purchase one?
- What else can be used to remove the stock deck?
2) Wiring for the amp:
- Does anyone have a description of each wire in the stereo harness (so I can identify the purpose of each and tap into them, based on color)
- What is the best location to run a (+) lead to the engine bay, without drilling any holes? Is there a grommet that you've tapped through successfully, without any leaks?
- Where did you ground your amp?
- What is the best place to route wiring - through the console and under the carpets, or elsewhere?
- Will the yellow wire behind the deck suffice to turn the amp on & off? Is this the ignition lead on the Crossfire, as is often the case with other makes?
3) Secure amplifier to cargo compartment floor
- How did you do this, without drilling any holes? I might make a panel out of masonite, roughly the same size as the stock carpet cover, carpet it, and bolt the sub to that.
Any other advice you might have is welcomed.
Thanks