View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 01:21 PM
cbyrd72956
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need a little advise

Ok so this is my first offical post been a member for a while and i just wanted to say thanks for this site and thanks for all the help! You guys are the best!

Here is my story, I have an 05 crossfire i purchased about a year ago. I love this car with all my being. I have waited like years for this baby to come along and was really pleased when i purchase it.

So here lies the problem i need a little advise with. We recently got some rain (more like a flood) here in arkansas and of course hail so my back window got damaged in the process, basically the window came undone. Just a little. Maybe about 3 inches on the bottom. I think it actually came unglued. Plus i got a few spots of hail damage (actually i could barely tell). Then within the next day my dashboard started to light up with all these alarms. Which come to find out the ABS module went out casuing all my lights to go off and my spoiler to keep comming up. So i thought what else could happen. Well then we got our insurance involved and the guy that did the estimate said that the top couldn't be glued back i'm needing a new top. They said the abs module wasn't from water damage it just went out (how weird it that). They said if i get a new top it will take about 5 weeks to fix it!!! Here lies the problem!

What i'm wondering is if it where you would you get a new top or just try to glue it back yourself ? I really don't want to be without my car for that long espically in the summer. I was just wanting it glued but they said that it wouldn't hold and would come undone again. Even more now my insurance is saying the put a depreciation on the top because it is six years old so i will have to pay $1200 out of pocket to fix it? I just want some advise as to what you guys would do? Feeling a little stressed and unsure!

Thanks for all the input!