View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 AM
earth1superman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where's the water coming from!?!?!?

I am on a mission I want everyone that has this problem to see this no mater what thread they open and to see the link for consumer complants.

It is not our problem it is Chryslers. We shouldn't have to jerry rig our vehicles in order for them to be safe.

And I cleaned out the debris at the beginning of the summer when this first happened, but it still doesn't solve the problem. I live in Tampa in it rains a lot here we got 3 inches yesterday and another 1 this morning. It rains faster then the car drain. Here's why you may not be noticing it.

Next time it rains get under the dash and check this out even if you don't have the leak yet I bet you'll still find water. The blower motor compartment holds about a half a gallon of water and the fabric covering the inside of the wall that covers it is like a sponge that will hold a good amount of water itself. The blower motor compartment has to fill and that fabric has to become saturated before it will start leaking onto the floorboard.

If you're not getting a ton of rain in your area it can dry up before you notice it, but the motor is still getting soaked and that can cause a fire in your cabin.