Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
05roadsterguy
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Re: HOW TO replace headlight bulb. Pictured step by step instructions

Damn It! You were the One! I read Your post and did not flinch or even think about You saying Gypsum Board. I am Officially Old now. Thanks!

I do Understand Loseing the clip into the Headlight assembly. But if it just falls off You just need to think about Fishing Whilst using 2 pairs of Needle nose pliers to reattach It. It took Me about 5 Minutes the first time.
Originally Posted by onehundred80
I took a photo of the HID low 4300K and the Ultra high beams on a gypsum board two feet in front of the headlight. The high beam looks like an omelet on snow.
The second picture is the standard bulb and HID. Frankly I cannot see much difference with this setup. I'll take the car out sometime and shine them on the garage door.
Changing the bulbs in the high lamps is a real pain, I would not take the springs out to do these highs unless the unit was on the bench. The lamp unit is not in line with the access hole and the spring comes only half down and hits the opening. As a result the bulb insertion is inhibited by the spring which is in the way. Who ever designed these units needs a lesson or two in design.
I wonder if a dual HID setup is feasible?